Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colour Change?

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Would you be happy with the Albion changing from blue and white to red and white with a £100,000,000 investment? a la Cardiff.

Mmmmm - interesting "moral maze" type question. If the money was coming from an obscure foreign millionaire of dubious provenance I would say, "no".

What if Tony Bloom, for reasons known only to himself had imposed such a condition for supporting the construction of the Amex?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only if I knew it was a "safe" investment, i.e. they could change to Red and then investor gets bored pulls his money out, club is wearing red and then goes down the pan, red faces, as well, all round!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Wouldn't be fussed tbh. It's not as if the stripes have ALWAYS been our kit.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
£100m sounds like an awful lot of money but invested wrongly and it could mean disaster for a club like Cardiff or Brighton. No guarantee of success, inflated transfer prices for incoming players, massive wage demands, etc. And in the Premier League you're up against clubs like Man City who regard that kind of dosh as small change, and have the resources to keep pumping in money after the initial investment.

So on balance: no thanks.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We've had non striped shirts before, but always been blue and/or white since 1904, a change to red, well, that would be tough to get used to, but £100M, oh go on then.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Should be a tough question, but the answer's yes. I wouldn't mind going back to the old green and white stripes of Brighton United.
Getting the seats changed in the stadium would be a pain in the arse. We're so well branded across Sussex with AITC and the like that it would take quite a substantial amount of money to change to another colour.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It's getting tougher in this league though. 3 more teams on parachute payments, Cardiff may have cash to spend.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I guess your answer depends on whether you value tradition and identity more or less than a relentless pursuit of Premier League glory. Or, to put it more accurately, mediocrity.

Yes, I know we've changed kits in the past, and sold our spiritual home, but adopt red and white stripes and you may as well relocate the whole club to Ashford and call it Southern Counties Soccer Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here