Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Withdean Wanderer said:
Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink...
That doesn't count either. Good player, but its just a MIDDLE name. He doesn't actually incorporate the FLOYD as a double-barrell in with the HASSELBAINK.

No DASH you see.
I need DASHES.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Easy 10 said:
That doesn't count either. Good player, but its just a MIDDLE name. He doesn't actually incorporate the FLOYD as a double-barrell in with the HASSELBAINK.

No DASH you see.
I need DASHES.

Oh, that's me just being a PLANK then:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Withdean Wanderer said:
Oh, that's me just being a PLANK then:)
Naah, good effort. But you need to get up earlier than that
(and hey - its pretty early)

Unfortunately my view is that simple greed is behind his move.

It was said at the time that we didn't even spend all the £250k Coke money on him for his transfer fee and three years of wages, we had some money left over from the £250k. If you take off Bury's £100k, that means he ain't on much over the three years when you think we didn't spend all the £250k on his contract.

With the potential he showed in the Championship last season, he knows full well that him engineering a move now to a Championship club would leave him vastly better paid than he would be if he sees out his contract here.

In my view, this transfer request is simple blackmail by him, a move by him to welch on the contract he signed.

Above all, I don't want to see us bounced into an offloading move like we were with Leon Knight. Knight only had a few months left on his contract so we were in a weak position, the nearly two years CKR has means we are in a strong position to resist his blackmail.

The board should reject his transfer request and tell him to honour his contract. IF a club comes to us with an offer, then we should consider it on its merits. But CKR's agent and "representatives" are not going to f*** us over - if he leaves the Albion, it will be on our terms and to our timetable, not CKR's.

Until then, he turns up for training and does the job he is paid to do, and hopefully some of the spirit that the likes of Alex Revell, Jake Robinson, Dean Cox and Gary Hart show - the players who are keeping him out of the team currently, will rub off what I'm increasingly believing is a rather self-serving individual (his age, at 19, being his only real excuse).

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
London Irish said:

It was said at the time that we didn't even spend all the £250k Coke money on him for his transfer fee and three years of wages, we had some money left over from the £250k. If you take off Bury's £100k, that means he ain't on much over the three years when you think we didn't spend all the £250k on his contract.

With the potential he showed in the Championship last season, he knows full well that him engineering a move now to a Championship club would leave him vastly better paid than he would be if he sees out his contract here.

In my view, this transfer request is simple blackmail by him, a move by him to welch on the contract he signed.

Above all, I don't want to see us bounced into an offloading move like we were with Leon Knight. Knight only had a few months left on his contract so we were in a weak position, the nearly two years CKR has means we are in a strong position to resist his blackmail.

The board should reject his transfer request and tell him to honour his contract. IF a club comes to us with an offer, then we should consider it on its merits. But CKR's agent and "representatives" are not going to f*** us over - if he leaves the Albion, it will be on our terms and to our timetable, not CKR's.

Until then, he turns up for training and does the job he is paid to do, and hopefully some of the spirit that the likes of Alex Revell, Jake Robinson, Dean Cox and Gary Hart show - the players who are keeping him out of the team currently, will rub off what I'm increasingly believing is a rather self-serving individual (his age, at 19, being his only real excuse).

I agree with that 100% :clap: :clap:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
BHA Jordan said:
Having just looked on BBC, I think the main reason for this recent change is perhaps he doesn't like Revell giving him a run for his money as he is a big superstar, the coca cola kid, and Revell is just a jumped up non league player.

Seems funny considering Revell was in Saturday ahead of him, he came on and couldn't be bothered, and after all we have had today and tonight, plus MM has also been quoted as saying "Alex Revell has given him competition for his place after pre-season."

To me it seems that toys are out of the pram, and I have to say fair play to MM for giving Revell the chance he deserved, and if CKR doesn't have it in him to pull his socks up and take up the challenge with Alex, then all I can say is cheerio :wave:

I Don't believe any of that for a second. This problem is essentially NOT to do with playing matters...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
London Irish said:

What a disappointing post. It's not worth me commenting too much more because I don't know what else to say.. I suspect there's nothing more I can say that will make any difference at all... so i'll leave it with the hope that the full facts of what really happened to this guy will be revealed in time, and that in future if any players have issues that they want to discuss and sort out then the club become more willing to take the time to actually try to resolve matters rather then ignoring them.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Jam The Man said:
What a disappointing post. It's not worth me commenting too much more because I don't know what else to say.. I suspect there's nothing more I can say that will make any difference at all... so i'll leave it with the hope that the full facts of what really happened to this guy will be revealed in time, and that in future if any players have issues that they want to discuss and sort out then the club become more willing to take the time to actually try to resolve matters rather then ignoring them.

How are we supposed to know whats really happened to this guy ??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
London Irish said:

What a mean minded and spiteful individual you are.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Richie Morris said:
We cannot afford to carry (or PAY) players who do not want to be here.

If he wants to leave then FLOG him.

I genuinely believe he doesn't want to leave...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
hitony said:
How are we supposed to know whats really happened to this guy ??

Hopefully someone closer involved than me will let the cat out of the bag...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
He was sitting just along from us last night away from all the other players, he looked relatively happy and was chatting with fans.

At half time he openly said (although not personally to me) that he wanted to stay with the club as he enjoyed it here and that McGhee had not spoken to him since Sunday.

There are definately 2 sides to this story, but I cant help thinking that the best thing for the lad, and the club is if he moves on, I'm also not convinced that Colin really is getting the best advice from the entorage he seems to have collected in his very short career.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jam The Man said:
I appreciate your position and I will be very interested (in the fullness of time) to learn the whole story as neither the club or CKR are coming out of this very well at the moment.

At the moment though we can only go on what we know, hence I tend to largely (but not totally) support the view of people like L.I. - it does look like we are currently in possession of a poor man's Stan Collymore. He claimed that nobody understood him either. I'm not sure that you tapping your nose and saying "Ah there's more to this than meets the eye" is actually helping, although like I say I appreciate your position and respect you for it.

PS - I shall always be grateful though to CKR's family for calling NSC - 'Non Stop Crap'. Very accurate, but not surprising when we are chuntering away to ourselves without knowing all the facts.

D

Deleted member 2719

If we had had MM the time of BZ i wonder where the club would be playing it's football now cos you can bet Sir bob would be transfer listed.

And you MM lovers wonder why he has so many hate threads.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rougvie said:
, I'm also not convinced that Colin really is getting the best advice from the entorage he seems to have collected in his very short career.

His dad
his management company
his agent

Is that really all needed?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mouldy Boots said:
If we had had MM the time of BZ i wonder where the club would be playing it's football now cos you can bet Sir bob would be transfer listed.

And you MM lovers wonder why he has so many hate threads.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Evidence is needed Mouldy. You can't claim that BZ and MM would have fallen out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here