Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
supaseagull said:
How about...

Mark Mcghee's strikers hunt
Any players worth a punt
although all the player say sign we shan't
cause Mcgoo you are a ****?

I like that. Maybe we should put it to the vote, and let the members decide who should be the new poet.

Mark McGhee is very bold,
To sign a new centre half whos very old,
But all our strikers he has sold
Because he's a twat.

Not totally happy with the last line, but I promise I will work on it if I'm elected as new poet.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can someone do me a favour and find out if I've been banned from starting threads?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Striker was desperate to leave
By Andy Naylor

Colin Kazim-Richards claimed today he made his mind up to leave Albion long before handing in a transfer request on the opening day of the season.

The young striker blames both on and off-field grievances for the soured conclusion to his 14-month stint with the Seagulls.

The saga over the future of Kazim-Richards ended yesterday when he completed a dream £150,000 move to Premiership newcomers Sheffield United on a three-year contract.
continued...

He handed in a transfer request after he was left out of the starting line-up by manager Mark McGhee for Albion's 1-0 victory at Rotherham on the first day of the League One campaign but Kazim-Richards insisted: "I made my mind up a long time ago.

"I just wasn't happy when the season ended. Certain things happened out of the season which I don't want to go into."

Kazim-Richards was also frustrated by the way last season panned out for him in the Championship with the relegated Seagulls.

He missed only four League matches but 17 of his 42 appearances were as a substitute.

"The gaffer talked a good game when I came and so did I," he admitted. "But I got subbed off for no particular reason.

"I came for the playing opportunity and didn't really play that much. I was still top scorer with six goals.

"Jake Robinson is top goalscorer now and he is not even playing any more. It's just ridiculous."

In spite of that parting shot at McGhee, Kazim-Richards is sad to have left his team-mates.

"The lads are brilliant," he said. "I've left some really good people behind, like Wayne Henderson, Adam El-Abd and Charlie Oatway. He has been a real help to me."

Sheffield United's sudden swoop on Wednesday, the evening before the close of the transfer window, even caught Kazim-Richards by surprise.

He was playing for the reserves against Crystal Palace at Worthing - his first appearance since coming on during the second half at Rotherham - when watching chairman Dick Knight broke the news just after he was substituted.

It was some late birthday present for Kazim-Richards, 20 last Saturday.

"It's unbelievable," he said. "I came off and Dick Knight just came up to me and said I've sold you to Sheffield United'.

That's football. Luckily Mister Warnock has given me the opportunity of a lifetime, playing in the Premiership to get my career back up and running again.

"I am at a really good club that is going places, no disrespect to Brighton. I have spoken to Neil Warnock and I have got a real opportunity, I'm not here just to make up the numbers but to play."

The vast majority of the six goals Kazim-Richards scored for Albion last season were of the eyecatching variety, including one against his new employers at Bramall Lane in January.

Warnock said: "We thought that in the circumstances, after a couple of targets fell through, he would be a good signing.

"He has shown in the past that he has potential and we're hoping he will progress like we think he can.

"He's had a stop-start time at Brighton, but we will give him the chance to impress and improve."

Kazim-Richards starts towards the back of a very long queue of strikers at Bramall Lane, although his arrival is thought to be bad news for fellow Londoner Steve Kabba.

Five of his six goals for Albion were as a substitute and he is likely to find himself on the bench or in the reserves at least to begin with.

United launch a hat-trick of home matches against Blackburn a week tomorrow. Reading - one of the sides he scored against last season - visit next and Kazim-Richards could make his first start on September 19 in the Carling Cup against Bury, the club Albion bought him from.

Kazim-Richards was famously signed with the proceeds of a £250,000 competition won by fan Aaron Berry and run by Football League sponsors Coca-Cola.

Berry said: "I'm a bit gutted. I'm hugely disappointed with the sale.

"I am still proud to have helped the club but it has all turned a little bit sour. It's such a shame, because I think we have lost a good player. He could have been mustard in this division.

"He didn't show much last season but even the manager has admitted he was not always playing in his best position. I hope he can fulfill his potential at Sheffield United."

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
"I came for the playing opportunity and didn't really play that much. I was still top scorer with six goals.

"Jake Robinson is top goalscorer now and he is not even playing any more. It's just ridiculous"

CKR for manager :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
LOL.. Considering I had a 20 minute chat with Andy Naylor this morning, my few quotes don't reveal much do they!?:lolol:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
At least he restricted his criticism to MM, not the club and fans (unlike Leon Knight).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
so he did fall out with McGhee then yet another young footballer.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jam The Man said:
LOL.. Considering I had a 20 minute chat with Andy Naylor this morning, my few quotes don't reveal much do they!?:lolol:
At least you got the term "mustard" into the Argus. :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you look at the strikers MM has been linked with

Aaron McLean is 5'8" and weighs 10 stone, surely not someone who can lead the line

Kandol is 25 and has already played for Luton, Cambridge, Bournemouth, Thurrock, Dagenham & Redbridge, Darlington and Barnet, which makes Steve Claridge appear as a one club man.

Ibehre is the Eric Potts of Orient, 82 appearances, plus another 70 as a sub

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Furthermore

Barnet striker Tresor Kandol has been given a 13-week prison sentence for a series of driving offences committed by the player in March.

Kandol, 24, will remain with the club following his release.

And the striker, who joined Barnet from Dagenham & Redbridge in January, should be back for the start of next season.

This is the second time that Kandol has been before the court, following a prosecution for making sexual advances to an otter called Gerald at Whipsnade Zoo in October 2005 whilst playing for Dagenham and Redbridge.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not seen much of McClean, Ibehre is pretty poor, Kandol is ok. We should be doing better.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
From what I know about Jake I can't ever being there being a "fall out" as such, but God only knows what he has to do to get 1)90 minutes, and 2) a run in the side (especially up front) :nono: :nono:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Silent Bob said:

I'm not here just to make up the numbers but to play."

Two of the most laughable things I've read. CKR didn't play because he didn't do basic things like look interested and run around. Its not as if he wasn't warned either.

And if he thinks he doing anything other than sit on his arse he must be a bigger joker than I thought.

The only way CKR will progress is if he stops listening to all those wankers who 'advise' him and start listening to people in football. Can't see it though.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
would those wankers be the same ones who have just got him a move from a league 1 club with a useless manager to a premiership team?
At least he was honest enough to explain why he has left and people still have a go

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think he came across very well in that interview. Still think he's a arrogant **** on the pitch, and didn't deserve to play in the Albion colours. But that's when you'd expect your manager to sort things out. Personally I would have let him rot in the reserves, until he changed his ways. IF he did refuse to play for the first team as McGhee suggests, I'd have refused to pay his wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here