Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins Will Start

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
He didnt show too well playing as a central defender last season in fact he didnt show too well playing anywhere, so where do people get this idea that he is better than Elphick from. Elphick appearred to be more than capable in this division, whether or not he would make it in a higher one is debatable.
Agreed he's not the finished article yet but Lynch's last season was blighted by injury so hardly fair to judge on that criteria. The season before, he looked a class act, in the centre of defence. Assuming Elphick stays, they would be my first choice pairing but now Hawkins has arrived that may not happen. Formations may change, players may be sold etc, but on the evidence thus far, Lynch's best position is as a central defender.

Oct 25, 2003
You've been raving about THAT performance against Wolves the last couple of weeks....

i have, but how many years ago was that?:lol:

3-5-2 doesn't really work though does it, hence no-one of any quality uses it, for the simple reason that few players are natural 'wing-backs' or sweepers which are two quite vital positions in the system

plus we don't have nearly enough decent central midfielders to use 5 in midfield

Oct 25, 2003
You've been raving about THAT performance against Wolves the last couple of weeks....

interestingly, i looked up on soccerbase to see our line up for that game

Brighton: Roberts ,Watson ,Cullip ,Blackwell ,Pethick ,Mayo ,Brooker (Oatway ,84 ) ,Carpenter ,Rodger ,Hart ,Zamora
Subs not used: Butters,Barrett,Piercy,Beasant,

how did we thrash them?! infact how did we only concede 1?!:D

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
4-3-3 probably is the future of football, a fair few of top teams seem to be playing, although, i believe that the ACTUAL future is more of a 4-6-0 formation which is kind of what man utd play, which doesn't include an out and out striker

the future i tells ya

I would agree with that and that is why Manure are so hard to break down in midfield.

As much as i have hated them since 1983 the standard of footie they have produced this year has been outstanding!!!

The front two cover so much ground going deep to hold or pick up the ball then all 6 sprint into positions which is why they have scored so many. Ronaldo (the winker :tosser:) has been so outstanding i really do think he is the best footballer on the planet at the moment!

Mickey take note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here