Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins Will Start

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Why is everyone saying he will only be in the side if one of the other 2/3 center backs are injured?

He is what we need, a bit of exsperince along side Elphick..
Lynch with have to settle for the bench IMO

What do you think?

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I actually agree, think he will probably start over Lynch. He has already been mentioned as captain material by Adams I believe.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Under Adams... probably right... an old fashioned leader at the back in this division

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sorry, I seem to be getting very spelling pedantic in my old age but please, Colin only ever with only one L - unless it's a surname.

scarfer1

Jun 1, 2004
London
Lynch might well be deployed at left back - I think a bit of experience at the back can only be a good thing plus it sorts out the problem full-back slot :afro:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I would be very surprised if that was the case. If Lynch and Elphick both say and are with us next season I cant see Adams marginalising one of them. There is the potential to play Lynch out on the left but I dont think either of them will settle for a spot on the bench. I would expect Hawkins to have to break into the team rather than being guaranteed a place.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hmm, i'm not sure.

When fit, when consistent, Lynch is CLASS, potentially better than Elphick.
However, it's Elphick who was the solid and consistent one last season.

Really can't see them being dropped until bans/injuries kick in.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think it will depend on whos playing well, stating the obvious i know but theres no given starting place for anyone. i think also different teams play different styles so this will also effect the starting pair, if there is even a pair of centre backs.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sorry, I seem to be getting very spelling pedantic in my old age but please, Colin only ever with only one L - unless it's a surname.

But Experience has always been splet with an s has it? i bet you didnt even bother reading his post, you just wanted to comment on a spelling mistake what a f***ing tosser!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It all depends if we have mustered up a left back by the start of the season. I know that is the position we need the most but if by some freak of nature we don't, perhaps the best option is to play Lynch at left back and allow Hawkins to play at CB.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
But Experience has always been splet with an s has it? i bet you didnt even bother reading his post, you just wanted to comment on a spelling mistake what a f***ing tosser!

Capital E and 'splet'!?!?

This can run and run..... :lolol:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Perhaps MoH has an interest in the correct spelling of the name Colin. Just a thought. Why call him that name? Would you do so on over hearing him comment as such in real life?

Please take a reality check on what is REALLY important in life.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Perhaps MoH has an interest in the correct spelling of the name Colin. Just a thought. Why call him that name? Would you do so on over hearing him comment as such in real life?

Please take a reality check on what is REALLY important in life.

Ok, fair point, but leave the poor kid alone, why pick up on every spelling mistake, hes only trying to make a valid comment and you get stupid old gits trying to show him up. just really pisses me off.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I would expect Hawkins to have to break into the team rather than being guaranteed a place.

The point is that with a new manager in place it's a clean slate so breaking into the team is not a problem. They'll all be assessed over pre-season and what the gaffer knows of them previously. There are no guarantees for anyone (except Kuipers obviously).

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Ok, fair point, but leave the poor kid alone, why pick up on every spelling mistake, hes only trying to make a valid comment and you get stupid old gits trying to show him up. just really pisses me off.

Piss you off it may do - but you could have got your point across without the effing T comment. Just seemed overkill in the derogatory sentiment.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Piss you off it may do - but you could have got your point across without the effing T comment. Just seemed overkill in the derogatory sentiment.

"Swearing never hurt anyone, f***, fuckerty, f*** f*** f***."

The "effing may not of been needed but the tosser was, i might even add a second Tosser in there for you as well

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk

Thanks for that :) sometimes i take a few minutes to double check my spelling and grammer because i know some sad fucker will try and correct me!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Lynch is a brilliant centre back, no way would I drop him to play left back either. He doesnt have the pace to get forward.
I like the combination of a no nonsense/ball playing centre back combo.

Lynch and Elphick fit that bill perfectly. If Hawkins does start, Elphick would be the one to be dropped I think.

Lynch at left back is suspect, look at Mansfield game, when he looked completely out of his comfort zone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here