Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colchester in the Championship?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I will love it if they go up to replace us!

Colchester v Sunderland at Layer Road...capacity 6190.
A team in blue and white stripes playing at a crap ground with a move to a new stadium happening soon...

Good luck to 'em.

colcheg1.jpg

colcheg2.jpg

colcheg3.jpg

colcheg4.jpg

colcheg7.jpg

stadiumSketch.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'll second that, be great and they deserve it. They've always been consistantly hanging in there despite their limitations and I wish them all the best.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
they have a very good manager. be interesting to see how they cope in the championship

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
colchester v ipswich local derby:clap: :clap:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at least they have terracing and a roof.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Shame their fans are a load of Essex wideboy chavs.

Nasty place full of nasty people-(based on living nearby for a while and a couple of Albion visits).

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Bwian said:
Shame their fans are a load of Essex wideboy chavs.

REPLY1:The local Essex stereotype is that Colchester is an army town populated by country bumpkins. Chavs possibly but too dozy to be wideboys!

Nasty place full of nasty people-(based on living nearby for a while and a couple of Albion visits).

REPLY 2 : Don't like stereotyping football fans but I partly agree with this. Much prefer Southend, Ipswich, Cambridge and (taking cover) Leyton Orient out that way.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would love it for Big Chris.

I hope he scores a f***ing SHITLOAD of goals so it will be yet another nail in that lardy xxxxx coffin who thought he wasnt up to this level (but big mac is allegedly) when he came back from germany.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

I hope he scores a f***ing SHITLOAD of goals so it will be yet another nail in that lardy xxxxx coffin who thought he wasnt up to this level (but big mac is allegedly) when he came back from germany.

Well, he couldn't do any worse than his previous 4 goals in 40 games at that level :drink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Well, he couldn't do any worse than his previous 4 goals in 40 games at that level :drink:

Well we shall see next season.

I bet he will manage more than 5 or 6 or whatever like our top scorers this season :angry: :angry: :angry:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

Iwelumo is not Champoinship quality. end of

I bet he will manage more than 5 or 6 or whatever like our top scorers this season :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fair play to him if he did. I'm suspecting you are only backing Big Chris because McGhee didn't re-sign him. If McGhee had re-signed him, I'm willing to bet you would be calling him a no-paced donkey :drink: :drink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Fair play to him if he did. I'm suspecting you are only backing Big Chris because McGhee didn't re-sign him. If McGhee had re-signed him, I'm willing to bet you would be calling him a no-paced donkey :drink: :drink:

Nope because at least he could shoot and head the bloody round thing unlike our other so called strikers...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'd have to laugh if we sign him again when Colchester decide he's not up to the Championship :lolol:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
London Irish said:

There is a lot of that on here. Big Mac is a case in point. After some of his inept performances I did not see anyone defending him but as soon as McGhee lets him go to Brizzle he is the new Rooney.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
exactly,he is not championship quality and if he was still here and performing like he used to,the ones on here bigging him up now ,as we all know would be slating him:angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The thing with Iwelumo was, after we went up, McGhee offered him a 2 year deal, which was rightly withdrawn after he did not turn up to pre-season trainng.

When he was offered to us again in the summer, McGhee said in the Argus that we would not be signing him as he was not up to Championship standard.

Now if he was not up to Championship Standard, then why did we offer him a 2 year deal when we were in the Championship?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
The thing with Iwelumo was, after we went up, McGhee offered him a 2 year deal, which was rightly withdrawn after he did not turn up to pre-season trainng.

When he was offered to us again in the summer, McGhee said in the Argus that we would not be signing him as he was not up to Championship standard.

Now if he was not up to Championship Standard, then why did we offer him a 2 year deal when we were in the Championship?

I have simply quoted this to highlight, what is, a very good point! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Iwelumo is a much better player than Kazim - Richards, Gatting, Robinson and Turienzo put together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here