Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colchester in the Championship?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

Now if he was not up to Championship Standard, then why did we offer him a 2 year deal when we were in the Championship?

Because MM knew he was a cheap option and MM knew he wouldn't get the funds to do better? Proved by the fact that he converted Virgo when he couldn't find another striker.

This year with the signing of CKR and El Turi and the expectation that Leon might have grown up he maybe thought what he had was better than Iwelumo could offer? The bit about Leon growing up is a bit far fetched I accept.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Because MM knew he was a cheap option and MM knew he wouldn't get the funds to do better? Proved by the fact that he converted Virgo when he couldn't find another striker.

This year with the signing of CKR and El Turi and the expectation that Leon might have grown up he maybe thought what he had was better than Iwelumo could offer? The bit about Leon growing up is a bit far fetched I accept.

But saying in the press that a player who you had previously offered a deal to play at this level was not up to the standard of that level is a bit contradictory, but then we are use to that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'd rather they stayed down and we could play them next season....not many local away games!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair play to them if they get promoted, they will have deserved it, precisely the same as we did two years ago.

Could still be an interesting fight.

Colchester have Roth at home and Yeovil away, they should do it but with those games but you never know.

Brentford have Hartlepool at home and Bournemouth away, two winnable games.

Huddersfield have Yeovil at home and the useless Swindon away, so you would think that's a guarenteed six points.

The play-off scrap looks as exciting with Barnsley having an easy run in, probably Forest the form team making it, Swansea having to dig deep playing Southend at home and Chesterfield away.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
RoyalAli said:
Not forgetting that Southend are 3 points ahead and have to play the Playoff chasing Swansea and Bristol city.

Its still possible for Colchester to win the league, providing that Southend fail to win both thier last 2 games....

Straws, clutching, maybe....

Southend have a major dose of the jitters at the moment though, i could see them blowing it.

Huddersfield are crap away from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here