Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coffee.......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kenco blue top for instant gratification.

I also have a pack of Serrano Café de Cuba waiting to be opened, thanks to the young Miss Bracknell's generosity after her recent trip.

Is this the stuff which has a dodgy English translation on the back which says something like 'picked by genuine Cuban peasants'?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kenco blue top for instant gratification.

I also have a pack of Serrano Café de Cuba waiting to be opened, thanks to the young Miss Bracknell's generosity after her recent trip.

Did that come in a vacuum packed block? I bought my sister some of that and she (and her husband) had a normal cup of it, when it is best supped as an espresso. They didn't sleep for a week.

Is this the stuff which has a dodgy English translation on the back which says something like 'picked by genuine Cuban peasants'?

"Made entirely with top quality Arabica beans cultivated in the Sierra Maestra, Serrano coffee's peasant aroma and exquisite flavor makes it a true delight. The sort of taste that makes a Cuban say 'Serrano is coffee, coffee'."

Did that come in a vacuum packed block? I bought my sister some of that and she (and her husband) had a normal cup of it, when it is best supped as an espresso. They didn't sleep for a week.

Yep.

When I lived in Italy, I used to spend a lot of my time in a very fine bar called La Mariuccia. Mariuccia was a nice old woman who used to refuse to sell me her excellent espresso coffee if it was after 9.00pm. "You won't sleep" was her advice.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Aaaahhhhh Coffee!!!! Only had two today so far, must be time for another... time to get the Krupps going.....

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Anything black. Espresso probably a favourite, but I only ever drink that in Italian restaurants or in Italy.

Milky coffee is the most disgusting drink ever invented (apart from sherry and Baileys in the same glass - I don't recommend that either). Milk I like, coffee I love, but NOT in the same cup please.

And instant "coffee" like Nescafé should be made illegal.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do not drink instant coffee through choice, occasionally at the footy but that is about it, for me it must be freshly brewed, strong and with a reasonable amount of milk (can't drink a latte though, makes me gag).

Only have coffee a couple of times a week, or less, my usual poison is tea...that has to be assam, strongish with just a squirt of milk...luvverly.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
2 spoonfulls of Nescafe and a splosh of semi skimmed works fine for me, 4 or 5 of those in the morning usualy gets me ready to face the world.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unable to eat or drink anything today other than clear, soup, water or black coffee and am really pissed off with it all. The only clear soup I could get was Beef Consomme, do they make other flavours and black coffee which I loathe. Roll on 2 pm Thursday!!

Oct 25, 2003
Why do people get so f***ing SNOBBY about coffee?

I LIKE some instant coffee

I LIKE Costa & Starbucks etc.

I also LIKE the real POSH stuff that costs an arm and a leg.

At the end of the day it's what you like innit?

exactly my thoughts.............i like posh stuff every now and again as a TREAT, but instant is so convenient and generally tastes fine

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Why do people get so f***ing SNOBBY about coffee?

I LIKE some instant coffee

I LIKE Costa & Starbucks etc.

I also LIKE the real POSH stuff that costs an arm and a leg.

At the end of the day it's what you like innit?

but, with an attitude like that, how on earth are you going to make yourself feel superior to the nsc masses?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I limit myself to 1 cup per day. A small amoubnt of cafiene is good for you just not too much.

At work it's Kenco instant black no sugar. The leaded variety is fine, the de-caf is horrible.
At home instant is gold blend, tastes so much better than bog standard instant. Have got a Krupps coffee machine too but's its more hassle than its worth.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
And instant "coffee" like Nescafé should be made illegal.

With hindsight, I will move to un-ban instant coffee, because it does have one very good use - it is brilliant for getting leeches off you. If you go into the rainforest and get one latch onto you, rubbing some instant coffee granules on them will make the little fuckers fall off within a second. Apparently they don't like it any more than I do.

It's much more effective than the usual salt remedy, and as I know from experience, a f*** of a sight less painful than trying to burn them off with a lit match.

Not a lot of people know that.

Never let it be said NSC isn't educational - we do jungle training here too. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here