Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cochester v Albion - All your comments here

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Turkey said:
If we were bad they would have beaten us far more convincinly.

They were lucky to win and they were at home.

Yes they were lucky we had a goalie who can't hold his position.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Yorkie said:
Is Coppell really still a Palace agent, after all he got us relegated from division one and is gently sliding us down the table in division 2 ???

HE got us relegated??? :lolol:

C'mon Yorkie, if you're going to have a pop at our manager you have to start from a better position than that!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watched the goal on Sky - expert flapping

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Am I the only one who thought some of their gay songs were a little bit too direct/harsh today? All the usual ones are amusing and taken lightly but "If you all hate :censored: mincers/queers, clap your hands" seems like something that the game could do without.???

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Well it certainly sounded dire. We were clumsey at the back and toothless up front, with nothing inbetween. That's how I heard it anyway.
Our away support however, was again fantastic, and came across loud and clear this side of the pond. :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brightonfan1983 said:
HE got us relegated??? :lolol:

C'mon Yorkie, if you're going to have a pop at our manager you have to start from a better position than that!!

That was my attempt at humour to cover up the disappointment of yesterday's game :p

At least I hope it read that way??? :lolol:

Unfortunately I couldn't make it , so I had to make do with SCR, and it did sound woefully flat.

However, I am not completely surprised by this. I think given the playing staff we have available we have currently found our level. We have lost Zamora and Brooker and to be honest it is starting to show. We are a pretty good div 2 team at the moment, capable of finishing anywhere between 12-13th and the top 2. I also seem to remember several dismal performances in both the championship seasons but that didn't stop us acheiving what we did.

I'm not just putting on the rose tinted spectacles for the sake of it, it was a disappinting performance both this week and last, but we do need to get a sense of perspective after each result, it cannot be relegation or championship glory after every possible or negative result.

If ultimately we are still in this division next season it will not be the end of the world. However we still have a good a chance as any of escaping, so lets leave the judgement calls till later in the season.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Beach Hut said:
I disagree I thought we were not that bad today - much better than against Swindon.

BUT - when the keeper makes such a crap error everyone's heads drop hence my plea on SCR, come back FDM now.

Sorry to say this but I have totally lost confidence in Roberts after the last two displays.

I was directly in line with the cross that went in and I disagree completely that Roberts was in a poor position. It was one of those flukes that would have beaten any keeper. At soon as it went in I knew it would be used as (false) ammunition for those who want Kuipers back.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Hilton Parmer said:
Am I the only one who thought some of their gay songs were a little bit too direct/harsh today? All the usual ones are amusing and taken lightly but "If you all hate :censored: mincers/queers, clap your hands" seems like something that the game could do without.???

No.

Wasnt there so obviously didnt hear it.

But we will have a reputation for being a gay town, as Gillingham will for being pikeys, and anyone west of Brentford will for being Welsh.

The more original songs they sing the better. Does your boyfriend know you're hear is just boring now. Do they think we haven't heard it before? Or it offends us?

Football is all about the banter.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
wasn't a good game. the only thing pleasing was the support and mcgleish onslaught. if we play like this every week i can't see us in the top half. their goal was very good (if it was a shot) but they had many more chances which could have been put away. stevie sure needs to make some changes.
:nono: :nono:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
SEAGULL USA said:
Well it certainly sounded dire. We were clumsey at the back and toothless up front, with nothing inbetween. That's how I heard it anyway.
Our away support however, was again fantastic, and came across loud and clear this side of the pond. :clap: :clap:

I thought our support was crap yesterday as it was at Plymouth, where's the singing gone??

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
dwayne said:
I thought our support was crap yesterday as it was at Plymouth, where's the singing gone??

what are you talking about now dwayne??! yesterday's support was fantastic. we were even singing when there was nothing to sing about so shut it. i was at plymouth as well and becasue we were spread out a bit more, it may not have been as loud but we still gave a f***ing good away support. you are talking shite.

:angry:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It is hard to sing when you are uninspired by your teams performance!! They were awful all hoof and no passing!! It was a hard game to watch as we all know our team can be so much better than that. The ref didn,t help matters both set of fans were not impressed. I listened to the radio on the way home Radio Oxford and the guy who scored their goal didn,t mean it he was trying to put in a cross.....a fluke. The hardest one,s to defend against. The highlight for me was seeing the Red Devils before kick off:lolol:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
dwayne said:

I agree, Dwayne. Some of the more vocal regulars were missing, which might explain it.

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
southstandandy said:
For god sake SC - get an attack minded midfielder in and another striker (one who actually knows where the goal is).
We've got another striker in the reserves and youth team who's already better than Henderson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here