Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cochester v Albion - All your comments here

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
ps

Dirty pikey CHISLA **** wanker McGleish got a nice lot of abuse from me , jbl and a few others today.

f***ing pikey.:salute:

SUFFOLK SEAGULL

Jul 6, 2003
IN KELLY BROOKS CLEAVAGE
I WENT TODAY ,WE WEREN'T TO BAD ROBERT'S ABIT DODGY ON GOAL,LOOKED MORE LIKE A CROSS AS THEY DIDN'T REALLY THREATEN UNTIL THEN, WE NEED SOME ONE TO GO PAST PEOPLE HARDING DIDN'T LOOK TO GOOD
OATWAY :ohmy: WHY DID HE PLAY
CARPENTER ON BENCH :angry:
HENDERSON WAS ON HOLIDAY SOMEWHERE

IT WAS ASHAME RODGERS WENT OF HE WAS RUNNING AROUND AFTER EVERYTHING UNLUCKY WITH BOOKING VERY HARSH

I JUST HOPE JONES COMING BACK WILL GIVE SOMETHING IN ATTACK AGAIN LOOKED VERY LIGHT WEIGHT

I DIDN'T REALISE THAT THERE WERE GONNA BE SO MANY ALBION IN THE CLOCK END I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HOME END :lol: WE MUST HAVE OUT NUMBERED THEM EASILY AS THEY WERE VERY QUIET UNTIL THE GOAL ,I HOPE THAT BY TUES WE HAVE SORTED IT ALL OUT WITH SOMETHING ATTACKING WISE OR WE ARE LOOKING AT A VERY LONG SEASON IMHO

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Just got back. Worst display for a long time. Made Swindon performance look good.
Too many players are playing way below par.
Roberts was fine - goal was a freak but I was concerned by the fact that he constantly whacked long balls up the field only for them to be knocked straight back.
Defence was ok - Butters was my man of the match by a distance. Hinshelwood looked good at times but his distribution was awful again. Cullip ok but no better.
Central midfield was a little disappointing but not as bad as the wings. Harding especially was poor and very negative - he barely ran at a player all game. To be fair to him he was booked early on and I think he was a little hesitant at times in case he got sent off.
Strikers were both poor. Henderson was chesting the ball down well for the Cochester defence. Knight looked well pissed off with balls 6ft up in the air. Didn't help himself though as he made few runs into space.
Crossing throughout was appalling.
Only bright spot was Piercey who I thought did well on his introduction and must be considered for Tuesday. It will be interesting to see if Coppell opts for Jones or Piercey on the left.

Colchester were as bad as us and to lose against such a poor team was the lowest I've felt since Oct last year.

I need a drink!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
When we don't play well it's oh so easy to say we were crap.

Lets look at it in another way.

We were away from home.

We didn't let Colchester get many shots on goal.

As an away side we've done well in that area.

They've scored a fluke.

We've come very close and had a blatant penalty turned down.

It wasn't great footy but its how it goes sometimes.

It'll all be forgotton after are next two games. Two wins at Withdean.

Piercy looked brilliant. He should start on Tuesday.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Fisrt half we were crap and they should have been leading. they scored there flukey goal in the second half and in the last 15 minutes we started playing well, Hart and Knight could both have scored but we didn't look good enough to win. I thought Oatway played well and so did Piercy, he should definitly start on Tuesday!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We were dire today - for me Henderson played Ok - except when it came to shooting. Colchester were one of the worst teams I have seen - dirty, diving, lacking skill. They didn't have a shot on goal - the goal was a cross.

Plus point was Piercy when he came on. Negative was that everyone else was poor.

Adam is not a full back and looks poor there, Danny Cullip lacked composure on the ball. Butters did OK on clearing headers, but has no ball control. Kerry's worst game in ages. OGH not in it despite loads of effort. Charlie missed an easy header early on and never showed. Leon missed a good chance and was otherwise not is it.

We only seemed to work after we were losing.

All very sad, especialy as that is three bad performances in a row.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I didn't go but have noticed Colchester are unbeaten in 4 games now. Not that that is much consolation.

At least we're not really suffering like Grimsby today

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
roz said:
Well that was a pile of poo.
Colchester are EXACTLY the sort of team we should be beating. And have to beat.:(

Q.P.R. drew at Colchester. Bristol City lost at Colchester.

What do people expect? We're not going to walk this league.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Colchester are unbeaten in 4 games now.

We must be wary of thinking about other teams as 'beneath us'

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Turkey said:
When we don't play well it's oh so easy to say we were crap.

Lets look at it in another way.

We were away from home.

We didn't let Colchester get many shots on goal.

As an away side we've done well in that area.

They've scored a fluke.

We've come very close and had a blatant penalty turned down.

It wasn't great footy but its how it goes sometimes.

It'll all be forgotton after are next two games. Two wins at Withdean.

Piercy looked brilliant. He should start on Tuesday.

Turkey you are the most optimistic person I know! That was the poorest display in ages but you manage to come up with some valid positives (when was the penalty claim?).
Agree with you about Piercy.
You've cheered me up (a little). Thanks!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Coppells Birth Certificate said:
Turkey you are the most optimistic person I know! That was the poorest display in ages but you manage to come up with some valid positives (when was the penalty claim?).
Agree with you about Piercy.
You've cheered me up (a little). Thanks!

:clap2: for Turkey! Common sense prevails at last this evening. There are positives amongst all the negatives!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I disagree I thought we were not that bad today - much better than against Swindon.

BUT - when the keeper makes such a crap error everyone's heads drop hence my plea on SCR, come back FDM now.

Sorry to say this but I have totally lost confidence in Roberts after the last two displays.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Beach Hut said:
I disagree I thought we were not that bad today - much better than against Swindon.

BUT - when the keeper makes such a crap error everyone's heads drop hence my plea on SCR, come back FDM now.

Sorry to say this but I have totally lost confidence in Roberts after the last two displays.

??? What crap error. You must have seen something I didn't. Were you in the seats? I was on the terrace. I presume you meant the goal - it was a fluke, a cross that went in, but he got his finger tips to. Do you mean he should have stopped it?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I was in the seats - He didn't get anything on it although I would say that it was more lucky shot than goalkeeping error. He anticipated the cross too early but the guy coming in was unmarked.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The positioning was wrong he should have been half way between the line and 6 yard box not on the six yard box.

Ok it wasn't a shot but he was out of position - 3 yards back and he could have dealt with it.

He has played in the Premiership and should have known better.

Remember last week he was way out of position and got away with it. This week, just a fraction, but lucky cross come shot and you pay the price.

And yes I was in right hand corner in the seats from the terrace end and I maintain he was out of position.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
How can people say we were not that bad today. Their keeper could have spent most of the game in the bar for all the direct attempts on goal we had.

Knight was hardly involved - Henderson huffed and puffed but never looked like scoring (and never does, in my opinion) - and Harding who certainly has potential had a stinker.

The goal was certainly lucky but if Roberts had been on his toes I reckon he could have got a hand on it - Kuipers has to play next week.

Some people may think the team has not changed much in two years (since we were last in Div 2), but two years ago we won 18 games by 1 goal. This season I can see us on the wrong end of results like todays on a similar number of occasions.

For god sake SC - get an attack minded midfielder in and another striker (one who actually knows where the goal is).

My prediction of finishing 8th this season is spot on for now - but with more performances like today's, we could end up with a battle at the wrong end of the table.

Sorry to sound pissed off - but we would'nt have got anything today if we were still playing now ! and Colchester were crap !

:nono:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we were bad they would have beaten us far more convincinly.

They were lucky to win and they were at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here