Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS & Ulloa

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
They were excellent together against Wednesday.

Not so effective today, but Hull are one of the best defensive teams in the division.

Give them at least the three games Barnes is banned before coming to any conclusions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He's not SHIT - just vastly overrated by opposition fans and given far too much credit by many of our own fans over the 18 months he's been here. He just disappoints me with his pointless running around and inability to master the football basics. His occasional top drawer strikes are welcome but they simply make it harder to understand why he plays like a junior squad member 90% of the time.

Like somebody said up top, he's just out of his depth. No shame or blame in that, it happens to every player if you move them up one grade too far. The trick is to acknowledge the fact and to know when to call it quits.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Kevin I feel myself agreeing with you ..second time tonight....I think I need a drink

It's not compulsory to disagree with everything I say lol. Cms has his fault's, as many like to point out and maybe he is not as great as the vast majority of us would love to believe he is. But I do think that his constant running around(like a headless chicken, as some would say) is something we will miss when it's gone, it certainly doesn't give defenders a minute's rest. Although I do think a start for Hoskins, is long long overdue.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i find it staggering the abuse CMS gets on here. he is a class player that offers something different to any other player i know. he must be a nightmare to mark and that creates opening elsewhere. if he can create a partnership with ulloa (a man he currently cannot communicate with) it is going to be something special

on that note - i wonder what buckers said to him when he came on? was he given a spanish line to learn??

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
CMS Is poorer than Hoskins for me. We have a striker that can hold the ball up and is a better finisher in Hoskins and more likely a more suitable partner than CMS. Ulloa was forced out wide far too
often by CMS trying too hard.

Aside from that, I thought the Spanish quarter of our team were quality tonight although Bruno looked a little rusty

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Loads of people been calling for it but never really seen the need. If both are on form it would be fine as a plan B (more like C or D) but you tend to try something different then not change to what 21 out of 24 Champ sides play week in week out.

- - - Updated - - -

Loads of people been calling for it but never really seen the need. If both are on form it would be fine as a plan B (more like C or D) but you tend to try something different then not change to what 21 out of 24 Champ sides play week in week out.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Did you watch the same game, I thought we spent to long passing the ball sideways

Yeh, was there, perhaps it was just in recent seasons we haven't ever played a long ball, even when I wanted us to be a bit more direct. But today there were numerous occasions when it was played upto Ulloa and CMS in the air

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think everyone was feeling the pressure today, it was pretty much officially a must win game. IMO CMS looked good the other day when he came on because there was no pressure or expectation, we were down to 10 and losing. Definitely a confidence player, and low on confidence at the moment.

The team were pretty average today, front men didn't get much to work with.

Onwards and upwards.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hull had the highest back line ever. Why we had no pace exploiting it is beyond me. Drop CMS and start Buckley and we'll do some serious damage. All WB has to do is run into the space and any team who let their defenders sit on half way will get a nasty wake up call.

I presume Buckley is much worse than feared because I can't fathom why he didn't come on earlier.

I'm a CMS fan but I think Ulloa offers us more, and he'll get the service from WB/KLL types so its an easy call for me.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
CMS could have had Messi alongside him today and it wouldn't have made a difference. I don't think we have time to let a partnership develop at this stage of the season. I can see Gus going with Ulloa up top,Buckley on the right and David or Vincente on the left on Tuesday.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I have had mixed feelings about CMS since he joined but always hoped he would come good. I have to say that today's game was the game that finally helped me to decide that he just isn't good enough. His work ethic and constant badgering of the opposition defence has its benefits but he just can't seem to control a football which to me is a basic requirement for somebody playing at this level

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Convinced Hoskins is our best strike partner to Ulloa.

Me too-hope to find out,just hope Gus does the right thing,technically better imo.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's certainly out of sorts, CMS, at present, unconfident, raggedy, discombobulated. When he's not on song, he looks not to fit in in the slightest, and that showed today. I want him to find some form and just look to enjoy tearing about even if it doesn't always pay off. That vibrancy of him feeds into others, that intense hunger for the ball, but i worry that his downheartedness can spread too. He mustn't take every bad touch to heart.
He can have good days and bad and i prefer to have him in around the starting line-up than not be given a chance to develop a partnership with the stumbling tumbling Ulloa, who i think might have some magic in his feet when he keeps them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's not compulsory to disagree with everything I say lol. Cms has his fault's, as many like to point out and maybe he is not as great as the vast majority of us would love to believe he is. But I do think that his constant running around(like a headless chicken, as some would say) is something we will miss when it's gone, it certainly doesn't give defenders a minute's rest. Although I do think a start for Hoskins, is long long overdue.

With you there....gulp

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Difficult to judge, as he played the two up top, as everybody has been crying out for. But didn't play with any wingers to provide the crosses. Surely the decision to play the two together, demands at least one wide player to start??? Almost as if Poyet was trying to prove a point. Give the fans what they want, but don't supply the bullets to load the gun. Very strange, still we won so all's well that ends well.

This 100%

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Uolla had a poor game overall , this was mainly down to adjusting to the speed and no nonsense defending in Championship Footbal but his touch was poor .

CMS done everything up top in the first half , which was our best half .

service was poor , 2 strikers no wide players ???? Basic requirement when playing 2 up front

Give it a rest all those negative people , any partnership takes time

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Uolla had a poor game overall , this was mainly down to adjusting to the speed and no nonsense defending in Championship Footbal but his touch was poor .

CMS done everything up top in the first half , which was our best half .

service was poor , 2 strikers no wide players ???? Basic requirement when playing 2 up front

Give it a rest all those negative people , any partnership takes time

I'd rather keep with one upfront.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here