Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS & Ulloa

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This idea that people have no patience with CMS is well wide of the mark. If anything, most have been too patient with him, certainly compared to other forwards we've seen.

The patience side that the poster is referring to is the thread title ..playing those 2 together so maybe your wide of the mark

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
This idea that people have no patience with CMS is well wide of the mark. If anything, most have been too patient with him, certainly compared to other forwards we've seen.

I thought the thread was about the partnership between ulloa and CMS?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Agree 100% there was no chemistry there at all. CMS is lacking a lot of confidence. I was looking forward to us having a target man in our team but based on tonights performance, we didn't play our usual game and tried to go long too often

Did you watch the same game, I thought we spent to long passing the ball sideways

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you watch the same game, I thought we spent to long passing the ball sideways
I think that happened more than usual because Hull pressed us a lot in the first half. The game opened up in the second half and we were attacking for a while before the goal came.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
No it isn't. Some of us want an Ulloa-Barnes partnership. That's the future. CMS is just running around aimlessly on borrowed time.

Which would be all well and good but Barnes doesn't do himself , or the team any favours by getting sent off.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think that happened more than usual because Hull pressed us a lot in the first half. The game opened up in the second half and we were attacking for a while before the goal came.

Yes and I agree with that, I think Ulloa is giving us something different and it will take a while for the chemistry To work.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is what we all wanted.

I've got to say I didn't. I'm convinced CMS thrives on balls played through the channel or over the top when we're deep, he runs onto them beating the last man. It's what I remember from his Posh days and I never really saw an Ulloa/CMS combination paying off.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Based on tonight is a no for me. Ulloa was forced back because CMS was taking his position and it seemed to have a detrimental effect on the team shape. With out Vicente and his wand of a left foot I don't think either of the top 2 looked like scoring. Ulloa with Vicente behind him and CMS on bench
I'd agree with that, although the usual work rate was there from CMS he seemed to be snatching at chances. I can understand his situation and I really want him to suceed but I'm not sure he's the best option for the team atm (at least if we're only going to play one up front).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They played together, we won. Why change back??? Change the personal, if he wants to i.e Cms for Hoskins. But keep the two up front, 100%record lol.

I'm just not convinced it matters who CMS plays with. He hasn't got the football brain for this level of football IMO.

Please just say it, he's SHIT.

Inept, lacking in the basic skills required, out of his depth.

But he does have nice hair.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Please just say it, he's SHIT.

Inept, lacking in the basic skills required, out of his depth.

But he does have nice hair.
He's not SHIT - just vastly overrated by opposition fans and given far too much credit by many of our own fans over the 18 months he's been here. He just disappoints me with his pointless running around and inability to master the football basics. His occasional top drawer strikes are welcome but they simply make it harder to understand why he plays like a junior squad member 90% of the time.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I thought CMS was dreadful today. His first touch was poor, he never looked like scoring or creating a chance for someone else.

CMS was poor today. I feel that every time Gus has started with no wingers.....we struggle. I feel that either Buckley or KLL should start.
I would like to see CMS and Ulloa hit it off though, i really would.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
CMS wasn't any worse than usual, he just isn't a good footballer period. He flattered to deceive in League 1 amongst other poor footballers but for the third season in a row he is doing poorly in the Championship, the money spent on him was a complete waste and we should try to sell him sooner rather than later before his value depreciates further.

2 and a half seasons he has been playing at this level now and he's been shite for 99.9% of that time.

2nd season in a row, one and a half seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here