Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS out for two matches

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barnes, who scored the opening goal, and was rated our best player by 2 of the 3 papers I read?
As said earlier, Barnes 1 booking away from a ban, at a time when 2 other strikers are already incapacitated.

But through no fault of Barnes, as he was left as marooned as CMS was, for most of last season.
I think it's time for a shake up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As said earlier, Barnes 1 booking away from a ban, at a time when 2 other strikers are already incapacitated.

I get it now. You are suggesting he should sit out a game, so he can't get booked and be forced to sit out a game. Genius.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Hopefully CMS wont lose his goal scoring form during his time out, but am looking forward to seeing Dobbie.

I don't think he will. The reason he's started scoring this year is because the team are providing him with so many chances - last year he got hardly any. Looking at the highlights he's still missing plenty (as most strikers do) but if you get 1 out of 3 and get 4 or 5 chances you score - if you get 0 or 1 chance you probably won't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get it now. You are suggesting he should sit out a game, so he can't get booked and be forced to sit out a game. Genius.
So if he were to get booked he'd sit out a game that we would have enough cover for the position he plays.

Who plays up front v Ipswich if he gets booked on Saturday and Dobbie gets injured?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So if he were to get booked he'd sit out a game that we would have enough cover for the position he plays.

Who plays up front v Ipswich if he gets booked on Saturday and Dobbie gets injured?

CMS might well not be back for Derby either. What then? Are you going to suggesting sitting Barnes out for three games, in case he gets a booking and is banned for one?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CMS might well not be back for Derby either. What then? Are you going to suggesting sitting Barnes out for three games, in case he gets a booking and is banned for one?
Barnes plays v Derby, if he can get in the team.
As there's an International break after that, our next game not being until the 20th, when CMS will be back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barnes plays v Derby, if he can get in the team.
As there's an International break after that, our next game not being until the 20th, when CMS will be back.

You are still sitting him out for TWO matches, to prevent a CHANCE of him being suspended for ONE. Makes no sense.

Perhaps better to pick the best team, and if selected, tell him NOT to get himself booked!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus that's not the only reason.

As I've been saying up and down da 'chat, this week.
I think we've been slipping back into old (bad) habits of sitting back and marooning Barnes/CMS for the last 20 mins.

So I'd like to see a shake up of the front 5, now, from a position of strength, instead of waiting until after the inevitable loss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are still sitting him out for TWO matches, to prevent a CHANCE of him being suspended for ONE. Makes no sense.

Perhaps better to pick the best team, and if selected, tell him NOT to get himself booked!
:lol: and I'm the one not making sense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't have him sitting out TWO.
I have him sitting out Saturday, for a change around, and guaranteeing an available striker for Tuesday and/or Derby.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What? Have you left the gas on or something?

I bloody hope not. Have you seen the price of it these days? I'm seriously considering burning tenners instead this Winter - as part of an economy drive.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus will not drop Barnes. We need him to play because Dobbie is not a target man. I think he'll leave Ashley up front and bring Dobbie in for CMS but play him behind Barnes shuffling between midfield and front line. So Orlandi might lose his place. Other changes will be for squad rotation because Gus is worried about tired players. Hammond may get a rest.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Jesus, I can't believe how good our 'back up' players are this year!!!
It certainly takes some of the strain out of it, for sure, but is there something more to this? ... it always seems that just as one of our key players gets into a run of form, bang, off with a hamstring..... frustrating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus, I can't believe how good our 'back up' players are this year!!!

Gus will not drop Barnes. We need him to play because Dobbie is not a target man.

It certainly takes some of the strain out of it, for sure,
Rightly or wrongly I think 'dropped' has very negative slant.
It used to mean, esp for us, 'you're playing a bit sh*t so I'll get this half wit with half the talent to take your place'.

That's not us anymore.

We have potentially 11 top quality players for 5 attacking places.

Gus needs to pick to right team for each game, while looking ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here