Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS out for two matches

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've always thought Dobbie is better playing behind a front man (from what I've seen) ..b interesting to c if Barnes gets nod with Dobbs playing in Barnes usual position

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
In what's a long season two weeks off might not be a bad thing. Allows him to freshen up a bit and have more in the tank come end season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it correct that Barnes is banned if gets a booking on Sat?

Yep. On 4 yellows so far. Lets hope he avoids one on Sat then at least when he gets banned it should be when CMS is back.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So is it Dobb as in Knob or Dobb as in strobe?

I notice on Seagulls player the commentator said Dobbie as in....
images

That said, they also pronounced Lua Lua as LooerLooer.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Yep. On 4 yellows so far. Lets hope he avoids one on Sat then at least when he gets banned it should be when CMS is back.

In that case I wouldn't start with him but have him on the bench in case we need him. I'd do the same for Ipswich if CMS was still looking unlikely to be ready for Derby. After that it should be OK.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The problem I see is where Dobbie plays....

I think ideally his best position is the left sided role that Barnes usually plays...

However I really dont like Barnes in the focal point role that CMS plays, he just isnt gong to stretch a defence and be a threat behind.

Dobbie can do this but I think he much prefers to be off a front man as it were.

Be interesting to see which way Gus pairs them, for me I would while CMS is out Play Dobbie up front with Barnes on the left in his usual position...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I notice on Seagulls player the commentator said Dobbie as in....
images

That said, they also pronounced Lua Lua as LooerLooer.

Have you not yet learnt to ignore everything they say? :jester:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Sod's law. Just as we start to get the best out of CMS he's injured.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The problem I see is where Dobbie plays....

I think ideally his best position is the left sided role that Barnes usually plays...

However I really dont like Barnes in the focal point role that CMS plays, he just isnt gong to stretch a defence and be a threat behind.

Dobbie can do this but I think he much prefers to be off a front man as it were.

Be interesting to see which way Gus pairs them, for me I would while CMS is out Play Dobbie up front with Barnes on the left in his usual position...

He's v similar to CMS, goes down the middle can shoot with right but not left or head & can't get a game for the Worldbeaters that are Scotland. Ideal stand in

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In that case I wouldn't start with him but have him on the bench in case we need him. I'd do the same for Ipswich if CMS was still looking unlikely to be ready for Derby. After that it should be OK.

I'd start with him - Gus needs a valid reason to give Lopez a game anyway - I'm sure we could perm a striker and midfield / striker from Lopez, Dobbie, Crofts, Hammond, Orlandi & possibly Vicente :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lopez, Crofts and Dobbie.

In for

Barnes, Hammond and CMS.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd start with him - Gus needs a valid reason to give Lopez a game anyway - I'm sure we could perm a striker and midfield / striker from Lopez, Dobbie, Crofts, Hammond, Orlandi & possibly Vicente :)
Is Buckley injured?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here