Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
CM-S is out of contract in 12 months time, and is looking to move on.

He just turned 27, and he is getting better and better as a striker, and as an all round footballer.

We would be lucky to have him at Leicester, and my fear would be that he wouldnt come to us, and that he will sign for another club, maybe West Ham, Norwich or Birmingham.

He is a Craig Bellamy (but without his temparement) type of player, pacey, and like a wasp, never giving in.

He has spent an awful lot of his own time improving his fitness, strength and health, employing fitness coaches privately on top of what PUFC supply to the players.

He is a credit to his profession, if we dont buy him now, we would be foolish in the extreme..

Every negative comment about him on here is ignorant, and should be ignored.

We need skilled workers and football artisans to make a difference at this level, not expensive "Name" players on their way to becoming has been's.

The last time I was so sure about POSH players was when Matthew Etherington and Simon Davies broke through the youth ranks together, and I contacted the club (O'Neills era) to tell them that they were better than what we had in the Prem league - to no repsonse of course - and this is the first time that I have been so sure since.

I would love to see him in a Leicester shirt.

This post has been edited by hamptonfox: 30 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Craig Mackail-Smith - FoxesTalk Forum - Page 2

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even today Andy Naylor said CMS would go to someone else, so what chance have the rest of us !!!
Who cares, it can feel great to be proved wrong.

I did believe we had made an offer for CMS, and we could afford him, I just didn't really think he would choose us. That's not the same as the Owen rumour though - I'd have eaten my own leg if he'd have joined us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow! Just Wow! :O:O

What a signing... I must admit that I gave up on him coming to us on Fri when he looked set for the Foxes... :blush:

I have now learned to never underestimate Tony, Gus et al, and our upwardly mobile / fantastic club... ???

CMS was the best player to play against us last season, and I will never forget the stint he put in for the Posh whilst we pulled his then team apart at London Road... he was astoundingly good on a very poor day for Peterborough... immense work-rate, good in the air and on the ground and you just have to look at his scoring record last season to know he knows how to find the net... :thumbsup:

I cannot wait for next season now... 4 more signings to go for me (CD, FB, DCM and winger)...

All at club and CMS: :amex::smokin::cheers::falmer::drink::ascarf:???:rave::ohmy::thumbsup::angel::drool::bowdown::clap2::love::clap::O:kiss::):banana::guitar::D:smile::cool::goal:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
A truly amazing day. Started off with all the speculation on here, then started appearing on official websites. My job involved me having to go to the stadium today and as I was telling a colleague about it all, CMS and Gus walked out together followed by the photographers and a lady carrying shirts and scarves etc.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, as we left a couple of hours later, CMS and his girlfriend[?] walked across the car park and the young lady very kindly took some pictures of us all together. And in that one fleeting moment I could immediately tell he was a thoroughly decent chap.

Let's just say, I've had worse days at work. :thumbsup:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely amazing news :) don't think the Gus Bus will terminate here either... So is Bloom driving or conducting?

Can't believe how excited I am feeling like a teenage boy who's just found the littlewoods catalogue has a lingerie section...

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Discovered who:

Sneers at our club:
Glory-hunting Manc Mark Chapman laughed out loud disparangingly at the suggestion that CMS was joining a club going places. (5live 20:10 tonight)

Nice words or affection for the Albion:
Shaun Custis said we are going places under the best young manager, and with Gus & the Amex, we don't need to sell the club to new players.
Martin Keown agreed and said he always looks for our results being his first club.

Liked Keown anyway, now reinforced, & Custis too. Chapman, ignorant.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Discovered who:

Sneers at our club:
Glory-hunting Manc Mark Chapman laughed out loud disparangingly at the suggestion that CMS was joining a club going places. (5live 20:10 tonight)

Nice words or affection for the Albion:
Shaun Custis said we are going places under the best young manager, and with Gus & the Amex, we don't need to sell the club to new players.
Martin Keown agreed and said he always looks for our results being his first club.

Liked Keown anyway, now reinforced, & Custis too. Chapman, ignorant.

Mark Chapman is a prize cockjugglingthundercunt who couldn't see past his Manure-tinted contact lenses if his life depended on it. How that boring droning tosspot got a job in the media is beyond me.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I never thought I'd see the day come where we spent this much on a player, Cant wait for the season to kick off.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Barry Fry calls our owners a disgrace:
« Thread Started Today at 6:55pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prob been already posted, so apologies if that's the case! Barry Fry says some positive things about the Albion and totally slates the QPR board at the same time.
Listen from about 18.03ish!

Radio - Listen again - Episode - 37926 - talkSPORT - for men who love to talk sport

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I can't believe this. Has this actually happened? I'm not imagining it, am I? Blimey.

If Gus can get 20 goals out of Murray, I can't wait to see how CMS plays for us. And Hoskins. And Buckley. And whoever comes next. And the one after that, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here