Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
CMS has turned down an offer from a prem league club... Well if you believe Barry Fry

However West Ham are now interested, but not made a bid as yet

More than likely just Fry talking up his interest, but he did say that Craig was interested in more than just money which is why he turned it down

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
CMS has turned down an offer from a prem league club... Well if you believe Barry Fry

However West Ham are now interested, but not made a bid as yet

More than likely just Fry talking up his interest, but he did say that Craig was interested in more than just money which is why he turned it down

That's exactly what Barry has been doing for weeks.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
One man's leg is another man's bell....

That said, he is ok I think, tad loud perhaps.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Get out of it. Barry Fry is an effing legend. Always had good banter with him at The Withdean when he managed other clubs - he's just trying to wring a little more cash for his club, nothing wrong with that.

I know when people often describe someone as a "character" they are normally a right twat...but i agree in interviews he is a funny bloke & clearly loves football...
hard to believe looking at him he was good enough to be on Man Utd's books...
Back to the player, the few times ive seen him on tv I think he is quality, a hardworking front man with quality on the ball....love to see him join us if we have a chance!!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Peterborough director of football Barry Fry has confirmed that West Ham have made an enquiry for Craig Mackail-Smith.

Mackail-Smith is one of the most sought-after players in this summer's transfer market with Posh resigned to losing the highly-rated forward.

A number of Premier League clubs have been credited with monitoring the Scotland international, but West Ham have now expressed an interest in the 27-year-old.

The Hammers have also been linked with Mackail-Smith's Posh team-mate Joe Lewis, but Fry insists he has not spoken to them regards Lewis and that Mackail-Smith is the only player West Ham have expressed an interest in.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Noone would be out the team if we went for Pilkinton

And what are you basing this on? Pilkington is out for months and willmiss the start of the season with an injury, he might not even be the same player when he's healed up.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
And what are you basing this on? Pilkington is out for months and willmiss the start of the season with an injury, he might not even be the same player when he's healed up.

We wouldn't sign a player for near on 2 million to sit on the bench. Plus we've signed Buckley and KLL is on the way. That's what im basing it on.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We wouldn't sign a player for near on 2 million to sit on the bench. Plus we've signed Buckley and KLL is on the way. That's what im basing it on.

Who's even said we're going for Pilkington? And the price tag doesnt justify whether he's earned a place in the starting line up or not.

And I wouldn't be so sure on the KLL situation just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here