Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clueless One OUT

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
It's called listening to Seagulls World.

Bit impossible for me to go to the Withdean, but I go to around half the away games and saw how SHIT we were last week.

I'm not saying you should be at Withdean every week, it just doesn't seem right that you are the first to slate the team without even seeing them - seagulls world or not.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
But you want Wilkins back?

I never said that I personally want him back.

If you read again, it's a response to a question as who could replace him, not who I'd like.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
Yeah, I see plenty of positives. We've got a FANTASTIC squad. I don't really see any areas we need to bring NEW players in to. What we need to do is simple.

1) Play players in their correct positions, most importantly Virgo.

2) Play with a higher tempo, a lot more passion and enthusiasm, and put a lot more pressure on teams at Withdean.

Micky can easily sort both of those out. It's f***ing pathetic to be calling for his head after 11 matches.

Lets hope he does and quick, I am sure he has his reasons for his team selection.
How was Hawkins today did he look fully fit or was there no real threat from Hereford?

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
Yeah, I see plenty of positives. We've got a FANTASTIC squad. I don't really see any areas we need to bring NEW players in to. What we need to do is simple.

2) Play with a higher tempo, a lot more passion and enthusiasm, and put a lot more pressure on teams at Withdean.

Micky can easily sort both of those out. It's f***ing pathetic to be calling for his head after 11 matches.

what the f***? Can it get any worse? HAve you realised that Virgo is shit, and will always be shit wherever he is played. Put more pressure on the teams? WELL DONE! Guess what manager we did that with? Dean Wilkins! If micky can "easily" sort it out why hasn't he after 11 games... that's one quater of all the games! It is disgraceful. If we can't beat hereford at home, we can't beat anyone. I expected, after all Deano's hard work, that we would be pushing for automatic, at least the playoffs. But NOW it looks liek a relegation scrap. Don't say "give micky time" because i'm telling you we will be in the same position come march...:thud:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
He simply has to go. Herefords away record before today was played 5 lost 5, conceaded 14 i think including 6 in one game at bristol rovers) scored one. Ive never been to Accrington or Morcambe or Rochdale. Thats where we are heading at the moment. It wasnt like we were unlucky today. I can tell you first hand that we never looked like scoring.

Going down.

Adams Out!

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
i cant believe im hearing all this, look back to january wen we were knocked out the fa cup by mansfield and everybody accused the players of playing with no passion and wantin wilkins out my god, the man had no man management skills and had his favoured players and was basically nt the right man to manage this club, micky will get it right eventually bt give him time he has rebuilt a new team here and it may well take half season to get it right, bt for christ sake its only october there is so much more of the season to come, things will get better, keep the faith

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'm not saying you should be at Withdean every week, it just doesn't seem right that you are the first to slate the team without even seeing them - seagulls world or not.

When we sound shit then we all have a right to moan and slate the performance, but this is Hereford who we played here, not Leicester. The way we're playing at the minute then I wouldn't want to watch us, but I am going to because I'm not going to turn my back.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
I never said that I personally want him back.

If you read again, it's a response to a question as who could replace him, not who I'd like.

Just read it again, your exact words are 'bring him back'. Your a tit mate.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
When we sound shit then we all have a right to moan and slate the performance, but this is Hereford who we played here, not Leicester. The way we're playing at the minute then I wouldn't want to watch us, but I am going to because I'm not going to turn my back.

Well done, a super fan you are:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Our faliure to beat or score against Hereford, the bottom team in the league, AT HOME, is a real worry. I expect the team to be stronger after Christmas but,alas, we may have already missed the 'play off' boat.

Give MA a break and a chance though. Rome wasn't built in a day, it took at least a season!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Yes, but Micky has been playing Virgo out of position for all those 11 matches....

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm not denying we were poor. I just find it strange that a load of people can be so critical of something they haven't bothered to go and watch. I'm more than up for a moan at the team, but I'd never do it on a match I didn't actually attend!

It's never the case of can't been bothered to go.
Count your self lucky that you have enough spare cash because one day you might be in a different situation as much as you love the Albion and you have to put up with second best listening to it on the Radio - listening to Byrne and Co we were Poor at best and Mickey didn't sound that excited about it either.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
What I find ridiculous is calling for the manager to be SACKED within minutes of the final whistle when you haven't seen the day's performance. If RM Taylor felt so strongly about this, why didn't he post this thread yesterday or the day before? Because he surely didn't SEE anything today that inspired it.

I've been saying this for weeks, we're just not good enough, seeing it last Saturday and hearing it today. Only a real change around can change how I and some others feel, but I have been saying it since the DREADFUL 'CUNThorpe game Tom

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
What I find ridiculous is calling for the manager to be SACKED within minutes of the final whistle when you haven't seen the day's performance. If RM Taylor felt so strongly about this, why didn't he post this thread yesterday or the day before? Because he surely didn't SEE anything today that inspired it.

Yeah that's fair enough, possibly might be a heat of the moment thing. But like I said, results are the main thing. We're not getting them, and while it is too early to be calling for the managers head, many more disappointing results (At home in particular) and surely Mickys position will have to be called into question?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here