Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs with delusions of grandeur

Tigers shirt

Jul 31, 2005
Burwash
Ok, Ill start, Newcastle United, not won anything for YEARS but bang on and on about how massive they are. Every time Souness pops up on TV he spouts on like they've already won the treble.

I used to quite like them but they are just another example of greedy self interested corporate wankers, I bloody hope they get relegated.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There was a club that thought that they'd be bigger than real madrid in a few years and call themselves sleeping giants. Whatever happened to them?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't help liking there fans though. If you come from Newcastle then you support the toon. Not like some towns where they support whatever team is at the top of the Prem.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
There is no bigger than my very own Aberdeen, year after year of dreadfull football after the heights of beating Real in the Cup winners cup, then Hamburg in the Super Cup.

Thety still religously play the team song from that era every Saturday.

It would be nice to move on.

Souness has to be up there with Pardew for first Premiership sacking.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I think chairman and recently chief executives do an excellent job at promoting delusions of grandeur and subsequent contempt from rival fans.
Freddy Shepherd does a great job on this front.

E

enigma

Souness is a useless, childish, excuse making twat.Everything is always the ref's fault rather than his poor interpersonal skills or lack of tactical nous.

Spurs are certainly the most deluded team in London. They seem to think they're Real Madrid because of their white shirts. Their teams have to play "the spurs way". What the f***? If anyone has a patent on good football it's not them....

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
enigma said:
Souness is a useless, childish, excuse making twat.Everything is always the ref's fault rather than his poor interpersonal skills or lack of tactical nous.

I was going to post on this thread about Graeme Souness but the above pretty much lays out exactly what I was going to say.

I cannot stand Souness and as stated above, when they lose it is always, always the refs fault. Didn't he even try blaming the Bowyer/Dyer fight on the ref?

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Stumpy Tim said:
Souness has to be well above Pardew. I think West Ham will stick by Pardew - he took them which is what they asked of him

Agreed. Why would they sack Pardew? I don't understand. Apart from the fact that he's an arrogant prick.

Pardew will be out, I estimate around Xmas.

Newcastle would be ok, but their supporters are also very insular. They don't seem to like outsiders talking about their team - it's as if you have no knowledge of their team or right to an opinion unless you come from 'the wanky toon'.

Along with Tigers shirt, I will roar with laughter if t' toon go doon (which is likely since they are shite)

Commander said:
Agreed. Why would they sack Pardew? I don't understand. Apart from the fact that he's an arrogant prick.

Because they had the guys waiting outside his door to clear his desk for about the last 3 months of the season? :lolol: He is a dead meat unless he makes a go of it by November. All the West Ham fans at my work are just hoping he leaves a bit of the transfer budget for the season for his successor :lol:

Tigers shirt

Jul 31, 2005
Burwash
NMH said:
Pardew will be out, I estimate around Xmas.

Newcastle would be ok, but their supporters are also very insular. They don't seem to like outsiders talking about their team - it's as if you have no knowledge of their team or right to an opinion unless you come from 'the wanky toon'.

Along with Tigers shirt, I will roar with laughter if t' toon go doon (which is likely since they are shite)

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
enigma said:

Spurs are certainly the most deluded team in London. They seem to think they're Real Madrid because of their white shirts. Their teams have to play "the spurs way". What the f***? If anyone has a patent on good football it's not them....

What he said. On both counts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tottenham. Leeds. Bristol City.

Agree with all that's said about Newcastle and Souness. Souness is a cockmaster, and we'd soon see the best fans in football™ aren't really that if they got relegated.

Last edited:

E

enigma

Tigers shirt said:

Geordies arent the most welcoming people, and in my opinion the north-east is one of the most redneck areas in England

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If we're talking about the fan's delusions it has to be Leeds and West Ham.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:
Because they had the guys waiting outside his door to clear his desk for about the last 3 months of the season? :lolol: He is a dead meat unless he makes a go of it by November. All the West Ham fans at my work are just hoping he leaves a bit of the transfer budget for the season for his successor :lol:

Really? I didn't know that. Why do they hate him so much, he got them promoted, didn't he?

Spurs are the most deluded club. They've been shit for the last decade and they still think they're the best in Europe. It would make my entire year if they went down. Can you imagine the moaning at White Hart Lane and on 606? Would be absolutely hilarious.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here