Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs enquire about Forster...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am not going to quote "paulclark" because he has written in the most ridiculous big letters ever but where has it ever been said that Poyet was going to release Forster at the end of the season. As far as I am concerned, it sounds like he didn't want to make a decision until the end of the season, which is Poyet's prerogative. Whatever the situation, his behaviour has done him and the club no favours as he definitely would have got a club for next season if he had carried on playing and scoring for us this year.

Adam El Abd being the exception

True, but when did El-Abd get offered the extension and when were all the other players out of contract in the summer told that no talks are to take place in the near future?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
These stories of player unrest, club issues etc always surface when a club is struggling. Poyet has to be allowed to run the side how he wishes. If he deicdes Forster is not to play a part so be it. He is the manager and i back his judgement. If we continue to struggle at home then it won't be only because Forster is not playing. I feel we have improved and their is strength in the squad. I will be interested to see what happens on saturday. I guess Murray will return at the expense of Dickinson and Lua Lua will play instead of Carole. Norwich will come and attack so could work in our favour to hit on the counter.
My message to Gus and Fozzie - get your heads together both eat humble pie and get us going in the right direction.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
good call

he only wanted a confirmation that he would be here next season a word from within says poyet was going to out him and wouldnt commit

is that better smaller stevie boy

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
half the problem here is poyet was going to release him at the end of the season

fact
If that's true - so what? So f***ing what? He's a professional footballer, he should be PROFESSIONAL about it and not react like a f***ing drama queen. All the while he's a contracted player the club have a right to expect him to work for them to the best of his ability. By all means get his agent to look round for another club for next season, but Forster's main focus should have been on playing for Brighton

Like others I've lost a lot of respect for Forster over this. I'm sure there are two sides to the story but if I had to pick sides I'm backing the manager who, as others have said, must be allowed to manage. I hope they can 'kiss and make up' but it's got to be Forster who blinks first, otherwise he can rot in the reserves.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I have a sneaky feeling this will be sorted and we will see Forster back in an Albion shirt soon.
Poyet is taking a huge risk dropping Forster but at the end of the day you have to back his decision as we know little about the situation.

I hope you're right. "hands off" is all I can say to other clubs. We need him, so I really hope all is resolved.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
article-0-049270C9000005DC-848_468x367.jpg

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Thinking about it I can't help but feel this is the beginning of a new dawn for a lot of players - especially of Forster's age. The days where the players called all the shots are over. All clubs are being made to face up to the reality of being viable businesses and that means no more stupid contracts and meeting petty demands.

Forster is an employee of the club. Yes he's talented and has been a great pro up to now but if the club don't want to look at (all) expiring contracts now he has to respect that.

To me being a footballer is a massive privelege. It should be an honour to play for any professional club. Forster is very well paid for what he does. I understand he has a family and a mortgage to pay and he wants some job security but that goes with the territory of being a pro footballer - as does the adulation, half days, larking about with the lads etc.

Welcome to the real world Nicky. One where most of us feel fearful for our jobs and maybe appreciate them all the more because of it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thinking about it I can't help but feel this is the beginning of a new dawn for a lot of players - especially of Forster's age. The days where the players called all the shots are over. All clubs are being made to face up to the reality of being viable businesses and that means no more stupid contracts and meeting petty demands.

Forster is an employee of the club. Yes he's talented and has been a great pro up to now but if the club don't want to look at (all) expiring contracts now he has to respect that.

To me being a footballer is a massive privelege. It should be an honour to play for any professional club. Forster is very well paid for what he does. I understand he has a family and a mortgage to pay and he wants some job security but that goes with the territory of being a pro footballer - as does the adulation, half days, larking about with the lads etc.

Welcome to the real world Nicky. One where most of us feel fearful for our jobs and maybe appreciate them all the more because of it.

I agree totally...Another reason to consider is that throughout his career, Forster has been injury prone - add that together with the fact he is 36 then it makes a lcontract of more than a year very unlikely.

If he's going to move, then it'll be at the end of the season or to a league 2 club this season...I'd be surprised if he went to a relegation rival...However, even if he did then so what? It's upto the players who play for us now to get us out of this battle and we shouldn't have to rely on anyone else!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i don't know what i'm talking about but i won't let that stop me wading into the debate...

i think poyet said to the players that he was only going to renew one contract and that was el abd's, which he did. i think all the rest have been told to start looking for new clubs.

i can understand why forster would be bitterly upset about this - he had hoped to finish his career with us, as well as launch his coaching career, don't forget he's moved back home to lingfield, kids at the local school etc.

i think poyet is showing his lack of experience. should have kept forster sweet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i don't know what i'm talking about but i won't let that stop me wading into the debate...

i think poyet said to the players that he was only going to renew one contract and that was el abd's, which he did. i think all the rest have been told to start looking for new clubs.

i can understand why forster would be bitterly upset about this - he had hoped to finish his career with us, as well as launch his coaching career, don't forget he's moved back home to lingfield, kids at the local school etc.

i think poyet is showing his lack of experience. should have kept forster sweet.

I'd be AMAZED if that were the case. Even IF Poyet had decided he was not going to renew any of those contracts, I can't see that he'd declare as such, so early, and piss off ELEVEN players with three months of the season to go.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I'd be AMAZED if that were the case. Even IF Poyet had decided he was not going to renew any of those contracts, I can't see that he'd declare as such, so early, and piss off ELEVEN players with three months of the season to go.

would be a bit odd wouldn't it. but he must have told forster he wasn't getting one. or looking at it another way, perhaps poyet thought he was being kind, fair and honest, letting the players know nice and early so they could find clubs now rather than wait til the summer scramble?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If he DID do that it still doesn't excuse Forster's actions does it? Ten pro's buckle down to the job they're paid to do knowing that not only are they fulfilling their contractual obligations they're also putting themselves in the shop window. One throws his toys out of the pram.

None of us know the facts and like I said earlier I'm sure there are two sides - but nothing I'm hearing or seeing at the moment is justifying Forster's action (or maybe continued action).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I fail to see how attempting to secure your future employment is throwing your toys out of the pram, really.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If he DID do that it still doesn't excuse Forster's actions does it? Ten pro's buckle down to the job they're paid to do knowing that not only are they fulfilling their contractual obligations they're also putting themselves in the shop window. One throws his toys out of the pram.

None of us know the facts and like I said earlier I'm sure there are two sides - but nothing I'm hearing or seeing at the moment is justifying Forster's action (or maybe continued action).

What would being pro do for them though? they have to be paid or have there contract paid up and the chances are they dont support the team so why would they care?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I fail to see how attempting to secure your future employment is throwing your toys out of the pram, really.
I fail to see how throwing your toys out of the pram even begins to secure your future employment, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway we don't know the facts so your opinion is just as valid as mine. I think he's been/being unprofessional and you don't. Fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here