Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs enquire about Forster...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What would being pro do for them though? they have to be paid or have there contract paid up and the chances are they dont support the team so why would they care?
I think we're in the realms of wild speculation here. I was following up on HKFC's speculative statement that eleven pro's had been told they weren't getting deals in the summer. I was merely wondering that IF that were the case why only one had 'thrown his toys out of the pram' (with apologies to Silent Bob).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think we're in the realms of wild speculation here. I was following up on HKFC's speculative statement that eleven pro's had been told they weren't getting deals in the summer. I was merely wondering that IF that were the case why only one had 'thrown his toys out of the pram' (with apologies to Silent Bob).

I think everything on here is speculating

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I fail to see how throwing your toys out of the pram even begins to secure your future employment, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway we don't know the facts so your opinion is just as valid as mine. I think he's been/being unprofessional and you don't. Fair enough.
Forster has a meeting with Poyet to clarify his future, Poyet is non commital, Forster sees the writing on the wal and requests a move. I don't see the problem.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Thinking about it I can't help but feel this is the beginning of a new dawn for a lot of players - especially of Forster's age. The days where the players called all the shots are over. All clubs are being made to face up to the reality of being viable businesses and that means no more stupid contracts and meeting petty demands.

Forster is an employee of the club. Yes he's talented and has been a great pro up to now but if the club don't want to look at (all) expiring contracts now he has to respect that.

To me being a footballer is a massive privelege. It should be an honour to play for any professional club. Forster is very well paid for what he does. I understand he has a family and a mortgage to pay and he wants some job security but that goes with the territory of being a pro footballer - as does the adulation, half days, larking about with the lads etc.

Welcome to the real world Nicky. One where most of us feel fearful for our jobs and maybe appreciate them all the more because of it.

Very good post.The new age of austerity is upon us.In all walks of life.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I fail to see how attempting to secure your future employment is throwing your toys out of the pram, really.

but you dont do it publically. in no other walk of live could you even try this, you'd be told to go. even if you see the future, whats the point of asking for a transfer when you cant get one for 5 months? you just get your head down and make a few inquiries to other employers that you'll probably be available in the summer.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
How many of us on this board has been made redundant with a three months notice.
You carry on working to get your pay cheque at the same time looking for something else. So what is different with Nicky Forster.
He can carry on playing to really show his worth, go on loan or fall out with the manager and still get paid.
So he has it better than many of us on here.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Why oh why and when oh when did someone whose professionalism I'd always thought second to none suddenly turn into such a complete posturing twat? Honestly.

Which one, MOH?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here