Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs enquire about Forster...

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
If he went to Millwall for example, we have played them twice, so he cant score against us. They are not going to get relegated, so their position doesn't affect us. And then if he scores against any club in the bottom half it is a bonus??

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Have any other team in League one got all of our relegation rivals in the next month? We could always do a bit of tactical loaning - something Leeds have been accused of in the past.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Poyet can't back down and offer him a new contract before the end of the season otherwise he risks upsetting other members of the squad.

Not sure that is right. I think we established that the quote from Gus was that he hadn't yet spoken to anyone whose contract expires on June 30th, not that we wasn't going to speak to any of them until June 30th.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All the while we're struggling to score he won't be back. If we bring him back before we get in the habit of converting our chances it will be a case of "we need him" which will undermine the club, and gus.

If we start banging them in, move up the table, the club will become happier, and perhaps more forgiving, Forster will want to be involved and things may work out between them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would you want to let him go to another Division 1 club though????

Yes Brentford or Millwall who are both just outside of the play offs so any goals he gets would possibly stop other clubs around us in the league winning matches. He would obviously be trying to impress to get a contract next season so it is an all win situation for us.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've heard rumours that Forster is unpopular in the dressing room. It may improve the morale of the rest of the teams if he goes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why oh why and when oh when did someone whose professionalism I'd always thought second to none suddenly turn into such a complete posturing twat? Honestly.

I feel completely let down by him very unprofessional

I've heard rumours that Forster is unpopular in the dressing room. It may improve the morale of the rest of the teams if he goes.

this crossed my mind too
if he goes to any club we have to play then if he goes on loan we can stipulate he does not play against his parent club surely
and if he goes to Port vale then good luck to him would be good for all

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Under no circs should he be allowed to go to another League 1 club.

...unless it's to a top-half side who we don't have to play again and will cause problems galore against our bottom-of-the-table rivals. Millwall and Huddersfield are two teams that instantly spring to mind.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
half the problem here is poyet was going to release him at the end of the season

fact

so use him know it shows the other night we have no out and out goal scorer

i expect the wizard will disagree

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
given his reasons for coming here in the first place, settling down with no/little commute, theres very little options. i dont think he'll get more than a 1 year contract anywhere else in the summer, so really his best bet is to swallow his pride and fight his way back in here untill then at least. then see what we offer him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here