Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Statement

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
London Irish said:
I don't know if I fall into the category of moaning ST holder, but assuming that I do, the answer to your question is fairly straightforward - that when we have Falmer, we will have the revenue to have a big, well staffed ticket office that will be able to operate a loyalty system that will be able to establish loyalty and deserving cases fairly easily.

It's because of our impoverished status at the moment that we can't do that. Until then, I guess we just establish loyalty and deserving cases by just shouting at each other :lolol:

Spot on, but until then, the SPACKFEST continues.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
algie said:
But why bother with tickets if we get Falmer?We are hardly ever going to sell out so why can't the club make it pay on the gate?Stupid really.

Away tickets are the BINFEST issue, not home ones.

Yoda

English & European
algie said:
But why bother with tickets if we get Falmer?We are hardly ever going to sell out so why can't the club make it pay on the gate?Stupid really.

I'm on about away matches like tomorrow, when we have more STH's than allocation. :jester:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What happened to those cheap rubber stamps that you used to get branded with when entering a club or school disco ?

Surely the club could introduce a system like that ?

Just get a stamp when you go through the turnstiles and when you apply for tickets simply photocopy your arm and send it in.

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:

It's because of our impoverished status at the moment that we can't do that. Until then, I guess we just establish loyalty and deserving cases by just shouting at each other :lolol:

But then why not do what some big clubs do at the moment and have a waiting list for games like this? Someone who doesn't get a ticket for this one, guaranteed one for a future 'big' game?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yoda said:
But then why not do what some big clubs do at the moment and have a waiting list for games like this? Someone who doesn't get a ticket for this one, guaranteed one for a future 'big' game?

I've suggested something similiar (possibly to the club or on here - can't remember)

STH who miss out and retain their ST should be guarenteed a ticket next time round.

To miss out twice is terrible...

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
It would have been much easier if it was pay on the gate. First come first served, or get the train back home.

The new Nintendo Wii didn't get handed out first to those who had previously owned a Gameboy, NES, SNES and N64 did they?

If you want in, sleep outside Upton Park for a week. The same goes for Withdean in a potential replay. Would be much more exciting, and everybody away in those queues wouldn't be able to moan on here.

Seriously though, I don't think the waiting list scheme would work, as it's impossible to track down where every ticket goes, eg through the NSC ticket exchange.

Quite simply, as said before by many, no system is going to satisfy everyone. I personally think the 50-50 split is fair for STH/NSTH, but the non-STH half should be distributed on the basis of away matches attended if it's away.

Unfortunately that would rely on a national system where every club gives out stubs for every game, even when its pay on the gate.

As for the home matches, STH all the way, then on basis of home matches attended. But that's just my opinion. And I missed out in the ticket lottery for WHU. (Although I have admittedly been lucky enough since to get one from someone who couldn't make it in the end.)

algie said:
For the umpteen millionth time ...

Because the Club won't get planning permission for Falmer unless it agrees NOT to sell tickets at the gate.

The ONLY way to limit the number of vehicles attempting to park near the ground is to restrict parking to people who book the car park space when they buy their tickets. It also enables the ticket to include a free-travel voucher for use on trains, buses and park & ride services.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
For the umpteen millionth time ...

Because the Club won't get planning permission for Falmer unless it agrees NOT to sell tickets at the gate.

The ONLY way to limit the number of vehicles attempting to park near the ground is to restrict parking to people who book the car park space when they buy their tickets. It also enables the ticket to include a free-travel voucher for use on trains, buses and park & ride services.

Algie never lets stupid little things like FACTS get in the way of him having a moan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the event of a draw I shall apply for my season ticket seats but I didnt realise that there was still a supporters club, I thought that was just a name given to the people who travel on the Costa Express.

Incidentally my sons have got tickets for this game and it is the first one that they have got tickets for despite going to most away games, (they dont like Withdean). They missed out on Reading all ticket, Grimsby, Spurs. The did not get a ticket in the draw for tickets for the Grimsby game when we got relegated but they blagged their way in as one of their partners is a cousin of Brian McFadden and they promised the gate man tickets for a concert. The interesting point about that Grimsby match was that the tickets were drawn by ballot but all the people who travel on the Costa Express were in attendance and seated together so miraculously they are drew a ticket in the ballot!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BensGrandad said:
In the event of a draw I shall apply for my season ticket seats but I didnt realise that there was still a supporters club, I thought that was just a name given to the people who travel on the Costa Express.

Shame on you, it's well worth joining and the monthly almanac is well worth keeping. It includes all the club news and reports on every game.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Not everyone who travels on the Costa express is a supporter's club member and not everyone who is a supporter's club member travels on the Costa express.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BG - think Costa wanted 3 coaches to Grimsby but got two in the ballot but at the end of the day you could pay to get in.

So how do you join the supporters club ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Contact Tim Carder

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It has about 300 members, yes that's all. :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dougdeep said:
It has about 300 members, yes that's all. :(

When do they advertise for people to join, never heard of them.

Nice letter from Mr Perry today addressing every point I raised - respect

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
When do they advertise for people to join, never heard of them.

Nice letter from Mr Perry today addressing every point I raised - respect

They have a little covered area near the gents toilets at every game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
They have a little covered area near the gents toilets at every game.

So what do they offer then to join ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here