Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Statement

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, what a royal cock up here (although obviously i'm going to say that, as i don't appear to be entitled to a replay ticket).

Why the hell season ticket holders can bring their mates i don't know. The likes of me have kept our stubs in case they are needed, but now Perry appears to have completely ignored this policy because a few season ticket holders through a hissy fit.

I'm sure i'm not the only non season ticket holder who attends every home game (have missed only two games which i was unable to attend), yet the club appear to have ignored us COMPLETELY.

:nono:

(The apology by Perry incidently is a decent one, but he'll be having to apologise again i suspect should we scrape a draw today)

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Lord Bracknell said:
Someone explain to me how a supporter who has been to every home game this season, but pays on a match by match basis, can get a ticket for the replay.

Wait until they go on general sale (behind the mates of season ticket holders, who haven't been to a single game so far)?

This is FAIR?

Point well made, i've not missed a home game this season, i couldnt afford to buy a season ticket at the begining of the season- but buy the 5 match bundles,

i have no chance of a potential replay ticket- aint fair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
bristolseagull said:
Point well made, i've not missed a home game this season, i couldnt afford to buy a season ticket at the begining of the season- but buy the 5 match bundles,

i have no chance of a potential replay ticket- aint fair.

Wrong. 5 match ticket holders are classed as STHs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hiney said:
What's the difference between a SPACKFEST and a BINFEST?

Nothing always the same - C U next Tuesday

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
So what do they offer then to join ?

£5 a year gets you 10% discount on purchases at the club shop, a monthly newsletter (with all ticket, fixture dets etc) and a monthly almanac with lots of interesting info.
If you wanted to travel on the coach, each fare is £1 discount as well (we don't all get free rail travel Beachy)
The AGM is worth going to as you can question DK, MP and the manager with only a few people in the room as opposed to a hundred or so for the fans forum.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Their badge is cool too. FACT.

Yorkie said:
The AGM is worth going to as you can question DK, MP and the manager with only a few people in the room as opposed to a hundred or so for the fans forum.
I can see that this is a benefit of Supporters Club membership, but it hardly makes sense to promote the idea of joining by saying that only a few people bother to go to meetings.

:D

Incidentally ... I understand that the Supporters Club never asked for priority to be given to their members for any replay tickets.

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
Lord Bracknell is correct - the Supporters' Club has never asked for any priority over ticket allocations.

If supporters want to know what we are about, here's the intro on our membership form at the end of this message.

Just to correct one or two things I've read in this thread about the Supporters' Club. The annual subscription is £5 for adults but the Albion Almanac (the diary of Albion affairs) is extra (£5 for 12 monthly emailed PDFs, £7 printed).

We had about 70 members present (out of 370 or so) at the last AGM where Dick Knight, Martin Perry and Mark McGhee answered members' questions. PC Darren Balkham, the police liaison officer, is usually there to answer questions as well.

We co-sponsored the cost of two programme booths together with the Collectors' and Historians' Society, hence our presence in the South Stand booth at every match. That is a focal point for fans wanting information or for campaigning etc.

Why don't we try recruiting more members? Firstly, until we get the final, positive Falmer decision, frankly we are too involved in campaign work to find the time. Secondly, harvesting numbers is not necessarily the best reason for recruitment - see some reasons for joining below.

If you don't want to join the Supporters' Club but simply want to help the Albion, here are two easy ways that cost you nothing.

1. Volunteer for the litter patrols. Hover around by the mobile shop post match and look for Paul Whelch clutching bin liners, litter pickers and rubber gloves.

2. Put some savings into the Norwich & Peterborough Club Savers Account which you can access by clicking on the button bottom right on the Albion website.

Tim Carder
Chairman, BHA Supporters' Club
-----------------------------------------

Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters’ Club is an independent organisation and the largest Albion supporters’ group.

Membership will suit those who wish to help the Albion in a practical way. It will also benefit coach travellers and remotely-based fans wishing to stay in touch.

The Supporters’ Club liaises with the Albion and co-operates with other organisations; it is an active member of the national Football Supporters’ Federation. It runs transport to all away league and cup matches, promotes good behaviour, and liaises with police to ensure a positive experience.

The Supporters’ Club is run openly by a democratically elected committee, and the annual meeting allows members to quiz Albion directors and management directly.

Members receive a monthly newsletter, discounts on coach fares and Albion Club Shop goods, and other benefits. Members are asked to observe the rules of the Supporters’ Club which are available upon request.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here