Votes: 10 12.5%
  • To close to call.

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kaney said:
I think there is only ever one winner (Seagulls) in this type of question. You are born English and therefore are forced or supposed to follow your home country, unless you want beatings :angry: whereas whatever club, in our case the mighty albion, you learn to love them and are therefore more important to you :bounce:

Hmmm, think you have gone wrong somewhere there if you think you are forced to follow / support England. Generally I rather enjoy it, at times more than the Albion as it is a bit different, where as the Albion can get a bit run of the mill, the excitment of Rotherham or a few days in Holland or Germany or wherever.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I have to say if it was between Albions survival and Scotland winning the world cup then Albion for me.

Just to get into the Premier league or watching Scotland beat England 5-0 and win the World Cup then I would have to go with my beloved nation.

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
Hmmm, think you have gone wrong somewhere there if you think you are forced to follow / support England. Generally I rather enjoy it, at times more than the Albion as it is a bit different, where as the Albion can get a bit run of the mill, the excitment of Rotherham or a few days in Holland or Germany or wherever.

I did not suggest I do not enjoy following my nation, however the fact that you don't get to choose your national side, just makes it less rewarding for me :clap2:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
COUNTRY everytime.

How can anything compare to being in a pub on a hot summers day and watching England winning a crucial game in a major tournament with all your mates, and the buzz the next day at work/school? Thats pure magic.

I can't think of a scenario involving the Albion that is as good as that.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Chesney Christ said:
COUNTRY everytime.

How can anything compare to being in a pub on a hot summers day and watching England winning a crucial game in a major tournament with all your mates, and the buzz the next day at work/school? Thats pure magic.

I can't think of a scenario involving the Albion that is as good as that.
Troublemaker!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Club, no contest :albion:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Club, club, club, club, club and errr club.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Kaney said:
I did not suggest I do not enjoy following my nation, however the fact that you don't get to choose your national side, just makes it less rewarding for me :clap2:

I would say you don't get to choose your club side either if you're say born in Sussex within BHA's catchment area, surely you should support BHA. Yes that isn't the reality with all the gloryhunters in Sussex or people living in Sussex whose elders originated from say East London and the family always been died in the wool WHU fans and they continue the tradition, but use that argument and you could also argue that you CAN choose your national side as there must be many on here born in England who's parentage or grandparentage etc. could lead them to support one of many different national sides other than England.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cheeky Monkey said:
I would say you don't get to choose your club side either if you're say born in Sussex within BHA's catchment area, surely you should support BHA. Yes that isn't the reality with all the gloryhunters in Sussex or people living in Sussex whose elders originated from say East London and the family always been died in the wool WHU fans and they continue the tradition, but use that argument and you could also argue that you CAN choose your national side as there must be many on here born in England who's parentage or grandparentage etc. could lead them to support one of many different national sides other than England.

I chose my club....

Obviously, for BHA

But in the Eircom League, I'm closest to Bohemians but support Finn Harps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here