Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club marketing - shambolic

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They should be plugging themselves all over Sussex, what other club has a song that gives the identity ours does, tap into it, and place guards on the borders not letting people who go and support other teams back in. This may also solve the traffic problems and avoid the need to plaster the place with more houses.

Funny thing is that we still care and get angry, post-Falmer decision. On one level we WANT Withdean to be heaving with new people - and on the other hand we sneer at them cos they can't find their seats on account of the seat and row numbers being reduced to papier-mache about five months ago.

Pre-Falmer decision I'd have cared. Now I don't. If the club don't invest in the right people soon as, from the players down to the marketing brains then they'll get what they deserve. They've already ended up alienating dads with five and eight year old kids this week, why the f*** should we provide all the marketing ideas (the wee retro-style posters in the windows that cost about thruppence to produce showing forthcoming games was my idea on here, and if a string of privately-hired non B&H Bus Company double-deckers magically appear in time for the Gillingham game then that idea's not come out the marketing department either. It's come from NSC.

Pre-Falmer, time to hire some SMART marketing people. Can'r relty on NSC for all the ideas forever.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
heard this advertised on JUICE radio this morning,pre 9a.m. so the big breakfast audience was targeted,they also ran loads of ads all day for the club shop.
in my opinion WE,the true fans of the albion, could have more influence on the size of the gills gate than any ad campaign.
we all work,go to college,school or uni.we mix with people who used to go/would possibly want to go/we could twist the arms and make go. it's up to us,the best advert the club has,to talk family,friends,aquantancies,workmates AND enemies into going.

I have got 14 tickets sold, how much effort have you put in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here