Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club announcement due tomorrow at 5pm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just a thought, what if the announcement is

The club have lost a fortune since the end of March. TB’s interests have also taken a hammering and funding the Albion will have to go on hold. No £20 million players incoming, we go with what we’ve got.

Do you throw your toys out of the pram and demand he sells the club to someone with deep pockets.

Have a bit of a disappointed whinge and accept it but lose interest like you did last time we were crap

Say thanks for what you’ve done, I will support Albion whatever the division and however crap we become and live with it

Go and find a more successful club to follow

Chins up, it’s going to be something much better than that if we do have an announcement isn’t it :lolol:

LottieBelle

Banned
Sep 11, 2020
Giroud on loan or Chris Wood transfer...purely hoping on one and guessing Wood as more likely if we are to get a striker b4 next lock down.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Unless its to announce that we're signing Brewster, Gonzalez, Henry AND Pervis then I'm just not interested.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Brighton & Hove Albion are delighted to announce the signing of Messi. Yes we are delighted that Bert Messi from Partick Thistle reserves has been signed as our new striker."

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

The club have lost a fortune since the end of March. TB’s interests have also taken a hammering and funding the Albion will have to go on hold. No £20 million players incoming, we go with what we’ve got.

Do you throw your toys out of the pram and demand he sells the club to someone with deep pockets.

Have a bit of a disappointed whinge and accept it but lose interest like you did last time we were crap

Say thanks for what you’ve done, I will support Albion whatever the division and however crap we become and live with it

Chins up, it’s going to be something much better than that if we do have an announcement isn’t it :lolol:

Whilst it would never be announced, the thought of that general scenario has crossed my mind.

That losses combined with loss of many sports betting markets, could really be a double whammy for TB. Getting as many out and off the wage bill etc.

The Ben White and Nunez bids reassure it's not quite as dark as that yet, else we would've taken the white offer and we wouldn't have bid for Nunez.

But recruitment of a decent striker seems poor, if Naylor is to be believed.

I get the feeling theres more to this financially than just not available players?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Whilst it would never be announced, the thought of that general scenario has crossed my mind.

That losses combined with loss of many sports betting markets, could really be a double whammy for TB. Getting as many out and off the wage bill etc.

The Ben White and Nunez bids reassure it's not quite as dark as that yet, else we would've taken the white offer and we wouldn't have bid for Nunez.

But recruitment of a decent striker seems poor, if Naylor is to be believed.

I get the feeling theres more to this financially than just not available players?

Problem for me is that I am not as impressed with the business we have done so far as others. Lallana is potentially a great signing but I’d say it’s 50/50 that he’s gonna be a sick note missing large chunks of the season. I was not a massive fan of Mooy for the latter part of last season but he was always available

White looks to have great potential but Duffy was a rock for us, so it’s a bit of a gamble imo. Worth taking but a gamble not proven great business but it does probably make us a bit more solid for Potterball.

Veltman replacing Montoya and a back up CB looks like good business

We are potentially better off but no guarantee imo

Not holding my breath for a quality striker any more, I was convinced we’d get someone in but who’s left? Possibly someone I’ve never heard of who is brilliant, we’ll see

In summary we really aren’t that much stronger at the moment unless Lallana puts in a full season :shrug:

Window still has a while to run so I could end up pleasantly surprised but talk of all the alleged targets so far choosing to go elsewhere so far is a worry to me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Problem for me is that I am not as impressed with the business we have done so far as others. Lallana is potentially a great signing but I’d say it’s 50/50 that he’s gonna be a sick note missing large chunks of the season. I was not a massive fan of Mooy for the latter part of last season but he was always available

White looks to have great potential but Duffy was a rock for us, so it’s a bit of a gamble imo. Worth taking but a gamble not proven great business but it does probably make us a bit more solid for Potterball.

Veltman replacing Montoya and a back up CB looks like good business

We are potentially better off but no guarantee imo

Not holding my breath for a quality striker any more, I was convinced we’d get someone in but who’s left? Possibly someone I’ve never heard of who is brilliant, we’ll see

In summary we really aren’t that much stronger at the moment unless Lallana puts in a full season :shrug:

Window still has a while to run so I could end up pleasantly surprised but talk of all the alleged targets so far choosing to go elsewhere so far is a worry to me.

Or if not yet peaking players like Lamptey, White, Webster, Bissouma, Alzate, Molumby, Trossard, Macallister, Connolly and Maupay improve. That would also make the team stronger than last year.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Quite sincerely I've been thinking this is a distinct possibilty for a long time. The loss of match day revenue, the collapse of the Chinese TV deal, and the £330m rebate due back to Sky from the Premier League will have a huge effect on many clubs this summer trying to operate at a sensible level. I'm really not expecting us to splurge a lot of cash that I honestly don't think we've got.

Just because the club spent close to £50m each summer in the last 3 seasons doesn't mean we will replicate that this transfer window. So many people seem to think we will spend 20 odd million on a forward as if it's a given - well it's not for me. Yes we all know we need strengthening but none of us know the exact financial state of affairs the club is really in. If the likes of Villa want to chance their arm by spending far more than they're bringing in, then that's up to them.

I trust Tony do what's right for the club and if by October 5th we have no new additions or only 1 loan player to add to the squad then so be it. You can't spend what you haven't got (unless you're Man City).

I do think there will be an addition or two but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one is a loan and any others at relatively low cost.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Or if not yet peaking players like Lamptey, White, Webster, Bissouma, Alzate, Molumby, Trossard, Macallister, Connolly and Maupay improve. That would also make the team stronger than last year.

Good point, let’s hope so :thumbsup:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I put the OP on ignore for a couple of years. I do this whenever someone posts a bullshit rumour, so it is easy to remember who not to believe.

I took him off ignore as it seemed he had grown up a bit, perhaps not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here