Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club announcement due tomorrow at 5pm

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just a thought, what if the announcement is

The club have lost a fortune since the end of March. TB’s interests have also taken a hammering and funding the Albion will have to go on hold. No £20 million players incoming, we go with what we’ve got.

Do you throw your toys out of the pram and demand he sells the club to someone with deep pockets.

Have a bit of a disappointed whinge and accept it but lose interest like you did last time we were crap

Say thanks for what you’ve done, I will support Albion whatever the division and however crap we become and live with it

Go and find a more successful club to follow

Chins up, it’s going to be something much better than that if we do have an announcement isn’t it :lolol:

Have TB’s interests actually taken a hammering? Property market okay and still plenty of sport to gamble on

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Heard a player has been in Hove since last week quarantining. Theres a picture of said player circulating.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I put the OP on ignore for a couple of years. I do this whenever someone posts a bullshit rumour, so it is easy to remember who not to believe.

I took him off ignore as it seemed he had grown up a bit, perhaps not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I bet you are fun at a party

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Heard a player has been in Hove since last week quarantining. Theres a picture of said player circulating.

If you're talking about Nicolas Gonzalez of Stuttgart, who was snapped around Alexis Macallisters gaff....... The actual timing of that is about 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if quarantine was required from Germany?

Did Gonzalez reappear at Stuttgart after that incident?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My back garden is available, if a little small, I have plenty of solar lights and a good line in Christmas lights so should be ok for evening games!

U23 games can be played at HWT's.

Good shout. I still have some of my Christmas lights up, and a decent sized lawn. Some parking available for a small consideration.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nearly 200 posts in response to bugger all. And we haven't even dropped a point yet :facepalm:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
If you're talking about Nicolas Gonzalez of Stuttgart, who was snapped around Alexis Macallisters gaff....... The actual timing of that is about 2 weeks ago.

And he’s out for several weeks having picked up an injury in a preseason game.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

I think he played after his visit and got injured? Out for 4 to 6 weeks I think

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite sincerely I've been thinking this is a distinct possibilty for a long time. The loss of match day revenue, the collapse of the Chinese TV deal, and the £330m rebate due back to Sky from the Premier League will have a huge effect on many clubs this summer trying to operate at a sensible level. I'm really not expecting us to splurge a lot of cash that I honestly don't think we've got.

Just because the club spent close to £50m each summer in the last 3 seasons doesn't mean we will replicate that this transfer window. So many people seem to think we will spend 20 odd million on a forward as if it's a given - well it's not for me. Yes we all know we need strengthening but none of us know the exact financial state of affairs the club is really in. If the likes of Villa want to chance their arm by spending far more than they're bringing in, then that's up to them.

I trust Tony do what's right for the club and if by October 5th we have no new additions or only 1 loan player to add to the squad then so be it. You can't spend what you haven't got (unless you're Man City).

I do think there will be an addition or two but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one is a loan and any others at relatively low cost.

Come off it. We were offered £25 mill for an untried centre back, and instead of snapping Leeds' hand off,
it we shipped the 'old' Irishman out. gave the youngster a new contract and told Leeds to **** off. Anyway, if this thread comes to nought the OP should be forced into a name change, a la PPF. I can think of a few possible names but we would probably need a poll. Keeping with the cartoon theme I'd suggest:

Cornfed (the useless detective pig from Duck Man
Mr Hankey (South Park, the Christmas Poo)
Scooby Doo (as in 'doesn't know')

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here