Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Class of 92

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Really good programme, anyone that watches non league will enjoy this.
As others have said Gary Neville comes across as a decent bloke and knows what he is talking about.
His heart really is in Salford City FC.

It was nice to see the ex drinker ( not sure of his name ) change his life for the better and get involved at Salford, looked like he was doing a good job doing building work and maintenance.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wasn't it Michael Owen who'd scored, making it even worse for the Scousers? Although I thought it was actually against City that that happened. Can't remember but someone will.....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Really enjoyed this documentary. Well crafted and a great insight into non-league and how the ex-pro's couldn't grasp the fact that mere mortals go on family holidays during pre-season. (Giggs actually looked shocked!)

I felt sympathy for the diehards who plainly enjoyed Salford being a non-league outfit, and the unease they felt about being part of a 'project' - I'm not entirely sure they share the dream of league football in a 25'000 seat stadium. I also thought that it was unforgivable that the new owners came in and changed the club strip from orange to red shirts and white shorts. There are two things you don't mess with at a football club; one of them is changing the colours and so is the other.

But a great watch. Anybody who didn't watch it simply because they don't like Manchester United has missed both the point and a great documentary. Really looking forward to next week.

Finally, as mentioned in an earlier post, the bit where the club Chairwoman asked Gary Neville if they really had to get rid of the 'dodgy' SKY box in the clubhouse was brilliant.

"Yes! Get it gone. It's illegal isn't it? I'll phone SKY." [gets out mobile] :lolol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Wasn't it Michael Owen who'd scored, making it even worse for the Scousers? Although I thought it was actually against City that that happened. Can't remember but someone will.....

I'm sure it was Liverpool. Gary Neville HATED Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here