Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Class of 92

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Im a confirmed man utd hater and i enjoyed it , agree with you about gary neville as well, a very impressive bloke , hated him as a player but my opinion of him has turned 360 degrees , a future england manger for sure.

Completely agree. Can't stand Man U and GN embodied everything I dislike about them as a player. Since he's retired he's become the best pundit on TV and comes across as a really sound bloke. Clearly the most intelligent of that bunch (I didn't see the programme). Read about him allowing homeless people to use the hotel him and Giggs are developing as a shelter over winter. It sounded as if it was him rather than Giggs that made the decision on that too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Was lucky to stumble upon this as I was searching for the new Detectorists start time. Glad I did, really enjoyed it and will be following it now to see how things pan out.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I thought it was very good.
But for me what I found interesting is it showed how professional sports people live their lives both in work and home especially those that have reached the very top.
They live their lives in a totally different way almost regimental.
They cannot live without the buzz they need challenges, they think they are never wrong because they need the confidence so they blame everything else and they are always on time and totally dedicated.
At home although I am not saying they do not love their family, the impression is that they come 2nd or even 3rd behind their profession.
Pro golfers are the same, totally single minded.
I would have loved to have sampled that way of life even for just one week.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wasn't quite sure why they needed an outside investor, surely those 5 have piles of cash themselves.

Also good to see the proper long term fans bringing their new owners back down to earth with the Vincent Tan comments.

If we get Salford away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup do you think they will move the game to Old Trafford.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Im a confirmed man utd hater and i enjoyed it , agree with you about gary neville as well, a very impressive bloke , hated him as a player but my opinion of him has turned 360 degrees , a future england manger for sure.

Just watched it on iPlayer and have to agree (except it's 180 degrees for me :lolol: ) .

Very good documentary. I'm another confirmed Man U hater but if you like or have been involved with grassroots football it's a fascinating watch. Gary Neville comes across as an excellent bloke.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just watched it on iPlayer and have to agree (except it's 180 degrees for me :lolol: ) .

Very good documentary. I'm another confirmed Man U hater but if you like or have been involved with grassroots football it's a fascinating watch. Gary Neville comes across as an excellent bloke.
i changed it , still feel a dunce though :lolol:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Exactly! He has more intelligence than the rest of them put together and has completely metamorphosed into a human being since retiring.

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
I was quite impressed with them until they made the stipulation that drew the Vincent Tan comparisons. One thing you NEVER do is get a football team to change their traditional shirt colours. That is sacrilege. Even Vincent Tan has realised his mistake and Cardiff have now switched back to blue.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I wasn't quite sure why they needed an outside investor, surely those 5 have piles of cash themselves.

They covered that in the programme. They want a 25k all seater stadium and to be playing in the football league. Neville said if they wanted to stay as a non league outfit they could do it comfortably. Whilst I assume they are all multi millionaires I doubt their combined wealth is enough to run a football league team that wants to build a new ground without making a serious dent in said pots of cash. Just sounds to me they are being sensible with their wealth and protecting it for their families.

Thought it was well worth a watch, a mate of mine is the music director on it and he said it was an entertaining view a couple of weeks back. He has zero interest in football.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Excellent programme; enjoyed it a lot.
Didn't really see what Gigsy, Butt and Scholes bring to the party though.............except cash.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I was always indifferent to him. But then he scored an away goal in some derby game and ran all the way down a touch line giving it first the cupped-ear, and then switching to the emu for the last part of his quite lengthy run. I love a good emu, and you can't lose if you tack it onto a cupped ear. Wonderful stuff.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I was always indifferent to him. But then he scored an away goal in some derby game and ran all the way down a touch line giving it first the cupped-ear, and then switching to the emu for the last part of his quite lengthy run. I love a good emu, and you can't lose if you tack it onto a cupped ear. Wonderful stuff.

Isn't an Emu a bird?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

That was against Liverpool wasn't it? He ran straight to their fans at the opposite end. I don't even think it was him that scored.

It was almost as good as Adebayor against Arsenal.

For some reason, scousers don't seem to have the same warm feelings towards him that the rest of us do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 170

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here