Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Class fans getting recognised…

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-gaetan-bong-reacted-jay-14530125

There is lots of evidence that he did apologise. Bong says that Rodriguez apologised, and he ought to know.

Yes, Rodriguez behaved like a six year old. He wasn't the first immature footballer and I suspect he won't be the last.

He apologised after the hearing and not after the game so my point still stands. Clearly he didn’t think he had any reason to apologise until it was no doubted pointed out that his behaviour was totally unacceptable. What an absolute tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wasn't the thing that he allegedly said "You're Black and Stink" -it was the linking the two together that turned the"you stink" into a specific racist remark as opposed to just a really nasty comment on personal hygiene . Why would he specifically use the comment "you're Black" ? Its not like its a secret that no one knew! I cant see he would have said to Dunk for example -"You're White and stink", Thats what makes it a racist comment- not the You Stink bit

In his defence though , he'd prob say to Lewis " you big nosed ******* " or something.

Or to someone else Ginger / freckly , goofy , big eared , bald etc

Pretty silly to use but I doubt was meant in a racist way. Maybe he's learnt from it

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I try very hard not to apply assumptions to all supporters of any club. Certain clubs, Burnley, Millwall, Chelsea do have reputations. And while ALL clubs have some nobs (or worse), as an 'average' of all their fans those reputations have probably been earned. There seems to have been more booing of the knee-taking at Burnley than most other clubs - as confirmed by Sean Dyche. And of course there was that appalling aeroplane banner. But there are also many fans and staff in those clubs fighting back against the minority (and even when that mirority is bigger, I believe it's still a minority everywhere). And those fans deserve recogntion and support.

I agree that the 'we pay your benefits' song is sh*t and classless.

But, all that said, I do think singing 'Marcus Rashford he's feeding your kids' to ANY group of fans that boo the knee-taking is both funny and appropriate.

And while we can argue the theoretical pros and cons of taking the knee, the vast majority of players have decided they want to do it and actively booing it only sends one possible message.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In his defence though , he'd prob say to Lewis " you big nosed ******* " or something.

Or to someone else Ginger / freckly , goofy , big eared , bald etc

Pretty silly to use but I doubt was meant in a racist way. Maybe he's learnt from it

Nice dodge. Would he say to Lewis ‘you’re white and you stink ?’ That was the equivalent question in the post to which you replied.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm surprised the vocal minority of posters who can usually be found in the bear pit, who have triumphantly supported the booing, have not joined this thread. Maybe they haven't seen it ...:lol:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm surprised the vocal minority of posters who can usually be found in the bear pit, who have triumphantly supported the booing, they know who/what they are, have not joined this thread. Maybe they haven't seen it ...:lol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
But, all that said, I do think singing 'Marcus Rashford he's feeding your kids' to ANY group of fans that boo the knee-taking is both funny and appropriate.

I'd like to hear 'He's feeding our kids', rather than 'your'. Shows support for the good guys, avoids any suspicion of class prejudice and would warm my old lefty heart by suggesting that the next generation are the responsibility of all of us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nice dodge. Would he say to Lewis ‘you’re white and you stink ?’ That was the equivalent question in the post to which you replied.

Lewis wouldn't be insulted being called white so I suspect not.

Not condoning , just saying he is probably guilty of being thick more than anything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here