Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Class fans getting recognised…

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I sincerely hope no one boos round me when the players take the knee.
If they do, I 100% guarantee I will challenge them on their behaviour and I really don’t want to end up getting banned from football.
If you boo, you are the reason they take the knee

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am not racist.

I will boo when the players take the knee.

It has achieved nothing and there are much more important causes for players to get behind.

How about "save the alpaca"?

I'm not a racist.

Nothing more to add.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Honestly, I think there are some people on here who live by the motto "I'm glad I'm not prejudiced like all northern people."

Yes, obviously Brighton is a much richer part of the country than Burnley, and you are well within your rights to sneer at the people who earn less than you and need help to live. But I'd hardly call it classy. Funny, perhaps. Classy is the wrong word by a long way.

Tbh I agree. Hardly a classy chant. To be fair vast majority of BHA fans won't think this way re northerners though. Brighton has its fair share of deprived areas, anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am not racist.

It has achieved nothing and there are much more important causes for players to get behind.

Anyone who's had the misfortune to follow the majority of your NSC "career" knows exactly what you are............

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am not racist.

In my head I’ve got you down as someone aged about 70 years old, not sure why you seem to seek attention like a teenage girl, odd. :mad:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Of course not. However if the "gesture" continued for month after month after month, well past its sell-by date, then a little booing might be in order.

How can players taking the knee be well past its sell by date, when ignorant people like you are still booing it!
It hasn’t even STARTED yet.

Seriously- stop booing.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
No, I really don't see that telling a black man he stinks is racist. Genuinely, I don't. Except in the sense that all insults to black people are racist, and then we're going down a very dubious path of treating white people and black people as different from each other.

Could you please explain why it is racist to tell a man he stinks, if his skin colour happens to be dark?

Rodriguez was a then-former Burnley player, one of few Burnley apprentices to make it at top level, and one of very few Burnley-born players to be a top class, England player. (Even in our heyday there were very few Burnley-born internationals.)

Wasn't the thing that he allegedly said "You're Black and Stink" -it was the linking the two together that turned the"you stink" into a specific racist remark as opposed to just a really nasty comment on personal hygiene . Why would he specifically use the comment "you're Black" ? Its not like its a secret that no one knew! I cant see he would have said to Dunk for example -"You're White and stink", Thats what makes it a racist comment- not the You Stink bit

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
A bit unfair. The poster has been on here for a while, and while he obviously takes some opposing views on matters that relate to his own team or fans, I've not seen him express anything that calls for that.

was only asking what it meant !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Honestly, I think there are some people on here who live by the motto "I'm glad I'm not prejudiced like all northern people."

Yes, obviously Brighton is a much richer part of the country than Burnley, and you are well within your rights to sneer at the people who earn less than you and need help to live. But I'd hardly call it classy. Funny, perhaps. Classy is the wrong word by a long way.

Brighton is quite deprived in some areas especially with houses & rents at London prices without London wages.
Most of the housing being built now is for student lets.
It does make Brighton very cosmopolitan with a diverse demographic.

Don’t assume all Brighton fans live in Brighton, as many on here live in the north themselves or have married northerners.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As a matter of interest, Marcus Rashford isn't feeding anyone's kids. It's the taxpayers (that's you and me) who are feeding them.

Good chant though.

And I don’t want ginger hair particularly (I’m bald ish) but I still sing it to Stevie Sidwell :shrug:

Humour and football songs is quite a key thing you see…

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Brighton is quite deprived in some areas especially with houses & rents at London prices without London wages.

Don’t assume all Brighton fans live in Brighton, as many on here live in the north themselves or have married northerners.

Quite, I've lived in the north for 30 years and parts of the area I live in are more affluent than Brighton. I think certain generalisations can be made about differences between northerners and southerners but wealth and racist tendencies aren't two of them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

If [MENTION=29976]dsr-burnley[/MENTION] visited Newhaven he would probably feel sorry for us :)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Tbh I agree. Hardly a classy chant. To be fair vast majority of BHA fans won't think this way re northerners though. Brighton has its fair share of deprived areas, anyway.

A few years ago I heard an employee of a Government Office talk about a “necklace of poverty” around the South-east coast - that is all the major towns and cities from Southampton eastwards around the Sussex and Kent Coasts as far as places on the North Kent coast on theThames estuary. And more recently I’ve heard council employees in Southampton talk of The City as “a Northern City in the South” according to all the comparators and so on they use.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I started this thread with the sole intention of pointing out our funny chant from Saturday was getting praise and recognised in the face of idiots. I didn’t think for a second it would descend into yet another racial / political boring binfest.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Rodriguez said that his words were 'Your breath f***ing stinks'. This may not have been racist in intent, but it was a stupid insult to aim at an opponent from West Africa, who is certainly likely at some point in his life to have suffered similar abusive accusations that were more obviously connected with his ethnicity. Rodriguez's intent is something that only he knows and the FA investigation, but 'not proven' result seemed to follow the right process and reach the right outcome for the evidence available. Assuming that JR is being honest, it was still a stupid and tone deaf thing for him to throw at an opponent just to gain a small sledging advantage.

From a camera angle that was available and then I couldn't find anywhere, it seemed clear to me that he used either, black, back or pack in his sentence, I was willing to believe he had said "stand back, you stink" or some such, but by not claiming he had used back or pack, I am guessing, and it is a guess, he used the word black.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I started this thread with the sole intention of pointing out our funny chant from Saturday was getting praise and recognised in the face of idiots. I didn’t think for a second it would defend into yet another racial / political boring binfest.

You must be new here :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And I don’t want ginger hair particularly (I’m bald ish) but I still sing it to Stevie Sidwell :shrug:

Humour and football songs is quite a key thing you see…

[MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] 's sense of humour disappeared up his own ar$ehole in about 1975.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here