Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping at Withdean

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A bit of a random point this one.

After watching a few goals on TGC's great site, it occured to me that we always clap when a goal is scored. Which is fair enough, but don't most people at football jump around celebrating etc? I mean, it's like Virgos just hooked the ball for six when he scores against Leeds. I swear other clubs dont clap so much when a goal goes in? ???

Not that i have a problem with clapping to show your appreciation, but who the hell does it anyway?

:clap: :clap:

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
I have noticed that but thought nothing of it, I guess clapping is a higher pitched sound than random cheering and is therefore more clear on a recording. It doesn't sound like that when we score and you are actually there.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
How many times have we CLAPPED this season....................NOT ENOUGH:( :(

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kaney said:
It doesn't sound like that when we score and you are actually there.

Just in case that is a dig at me, i do regularly attend home games. Its just the away ones that i rarely do. Feel free to gloat how greater fan you are though.

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Withdean Wanderer said:
Just in case that is a dig at me, i do regularly attend home games. Its just the away ones that i rarely do. Feel free to gloat how greater fan you are though.

The thought hadn't crossed my mind, however now you mention it :lolol: think nothing of it.

A geniune comment in that you cant hear clapping over cheers when we occasionally score.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
I think you'll find it's down to where we play......you don't normally see athletic stadium crowds jumping up and down now ,do you?:nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think we do clap more, but look at most of the people in the ground (people like the Costa Crew), theyre not exactly people that sing all the time are they?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The scaffolding might collapse too. :(

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I clap. But only when my legs can't jump anymore and my dads lost the hearing in his right ear from me shouting.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kaney said:
The thought hadn't crossed my mind, however now you mention it :lolol: think nothing of it.

A geniune comment in that you cant hear clapping over cheers when we occasionally score.

Sorry, jumped to the wrong conclusion. it just annoys me that the general feeling on NSC seems to be that if you don't go to away games regularly then you can't be considered a true fan. Then, when 5400 Spurs tickets are available you get slaggef off for getting hold of one. Did you hear Exeter moaning about taking 7000 to Old Trafford when they dont get that many at home, let alone away???

Anyway, i suppose you're right the Althetics Track probably is something to do with it. Just another (albeit a minor one) reason why we need Falmer!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And B.A.G has a fair point. No-one sings at Withdean, so why should they dare have the cheek to celebrate!

Last edited:

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Apology accepted, I agree that making whatever effort you feel adequet makes you a supporter however I do disapprove of the band wagoners especially 20,000 of them in cardiff and most of spurs, but its only fair if they pay their money entertainment is entertainment, even if its not entertainment to us fans most the time. more like a heart burn.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
I think its due to the lack of a roof that contains the roar of the crowd when a goals scored making cheering sound louder- without a roof the sound of the crowd cheering kinda disperses which means you can hear the sound of clapping a lot clearer- i noticed on monday when watching the game on telly that when (on the very rare occassion) we had a good move or something you could very clearly hear the polite round of applause from the south stand!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i go bloody mental all the time :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hove&Albion F.C said:
I think its due to the lack of a roof that contains the roar of the crowd when a goals scored making cheering sound louder- without a roof the sound of the crowd cheering kinda disperses which means you can hear the sound of clapping a lot clearer- i noticed on monday when watching the game on telly that when (on the very rare occassion) we had a good move or something you could very clearly hear the polite round of applause from the south stand!

If you had been there, then you would know differently. Some people in the South Stand are very noisy. (Aren't you Yoda?)

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
I am so f***ing amazed that we have scored you can't stop me jumping about....especially if it is the Tank and I have a few quid on him!!!

Then I clap sensibly when I realise everyone around me is looking at me in a rather weird way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here