Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just support the english team u cock ends

Owned by Americans
Kit made by Americans
Sponsored by Americans
Managed by Scot
Best player a Serb, maximum of three English players in the starting lineup, a Cockney, Geordie and Scouser, none from Manchester.
Pre season in America, Africa, Asia
Official website in Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean and Chinese

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Owned by Americans
Kit made by Americans
Sponsored by Americans
Managed by Scot
Best player a Serb, maximum of three English players in the starting lineup, a Cockney, Geordie and Scouser, none from Manchester.
Pre season in America, Africa, Asia
Official website in Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean and Chinese
Exactly. I'll happily support any English team - but Manchester Utd are NOT English. They used to be, and obviously the global headquarters is still based in England, and they've got a few British players, but they're not 'English' (or even British) any more, not in any real sense. Such is their global nature I don't even think that British people make up a majority of their fans any more.

It's all so different from 1968, or indeed from the days when Liverpool, Forest and Villa won. In those days it really was a sense of the country uniting behind the British teams. Sad that it's come to this but the big clubs have only themselves to blame for alienating 'little' team fans like us.

Oh, and I'm neutral. Shan't even be watching it (going out for dinner) as I don't support either side and consequently don't give a shit who wins.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Exactly. I'll happily support any English team - but Manchester Utd are NOT English. They used to be, and obviously the global headquarters is still based in England, and they've got a few British players, but they're not 'English' (or even British) any more, not in any real sense. Such is their global nature I don't even think that British people make up a majority of their fans any more.

It's all so different from 1968, or indeed from the days when Liverpool, Forest and Villa won. In those days it really was a sense of the country uniting behind the British teams. Sad that it's come to this but the big clubs have only themselves to blame for alienating 'little' team fans like us.

Oh, and I'm neutral. Shan't even be watching it (going out for dinner) as I don't support either side and consequently don't give a shit who wins.

No point in typing it again, sums up my exact feelings :thumbsup:

Come on United

We should all get behind Manchester United tomorrow as they are representing our nation. I agree that Sir Alex can be annoying at times and that some of their players make ones blood boil, but they an English team. I would support Crystal Palace for an evening if they were playing in the final of the champions league.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I normally get behind the English team but I've made an exception in this game, I hope Barcelona thrash them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I cant believe people actually call Man Utd manure.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
We should all get behind Manchester United tomorrow as they are representing our nation. I agree that Sir Alex can be annoying at times and that some of their players make ones blood boil, but they an English team. I would support Crystal Palace for an evening if they were playing in the final of the champions league.

What a complete tosser of a comment. Absolutely no way I will ever ever support them..

Barca all the way.

Messi Hattrick
Iniesta Hattrick
Xavi Hattrick

nnnnnn nine nil nine nil

TNBA

TTF

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barcelona annoyed the hell out of me with their outrageous cheating in the semi final against Madrid.

But you've got to admit, it would be absolutely HILARIO if they turn over Manure doing the same thing, especially if the ref is useless and indulges them. Thats the final I'M hoping for. An apopleptic Fergie and hoards of whining plastics grizzling about how UNFAIR it all is, oh my life. That really would be tremendous.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I cant believe people actually call Man Utd manure.

Used to work with Doncaster fan who hated them. He produced and distrubuted a load of mouse-mats with the United badge on it, but the words "Scumchester United" replacing the usual wording. He was threatened with legal action by the club, and proudly showed off his legal letter from Martin Edwards.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Can't really get behind either team. Hopefully it'll be a good game though.

This. Life is too short to keep on hating Utd just for the sake if it. Not saying I want them to win mind, I just want these two teams to deliver a great game worthy of the occasion and for the big name players to show what the fuss is really all about. This has the potential, like so many CL finals, to be a great game, I just hope it's not the same old tedious let-down it normally is.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When you say "they are representing our nation" are you referring to the fact that Man Utd fans are spread all across the country and mainly consist of [insert naff lager] drinkers who sit in front of their 42" Plasma watching "Super Sunday" and have never even been to the North-west let alone Old trafford? In which case I can see your point.

If, more likely, you think they somehow represent the entire nation then I think you are mistaken, I don't see them sporting the cross of St George or the three lions. As far as I'm concerned it's 2 clubs (one of which happens to be english) that I couldn't give a shit about playing the final of a football competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here