Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ckr

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
im sick and tired of people knocking him;

1. He has undoubted talent and is top scorer in a team which creates nothing

2. This is his first full season as a pro having only started a handful of games for Bury last season.

3. He is the same age as Jake Robinson yet everyone says Jake will come good as he is still young and learning - just like CKR

4. His ability on the ball is rivaled only by Frutos and Carole in the whole squad - both of which have come throught the youth ranks of top flight french teams

it is easy to knock players when the team is struggling but i personally think CKR will be a top player for this club and has done more than enough to justify that this year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been very difficult for him learning his trade in a higher division and make no mistake he will be a fabulous target man and will score a lot of goals. Just seeing a few of his wonder goals this season confirms this.

Stragely enough relegation would suit him for confidence, my only concern is he is managed well as MM has already had a dig at him for some unknown reason.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Beach Hut said:
Been very difficult for him learning his trade in a higher division and make no mistake he will be a fabulous target man and will score a lot of goals. Just seeing a few of his wonder goals this season confirms this.

Stragely enough relegation would suit him for confidence, my only concern is he is managed well as MM has already had a dig at him for some unknown reason.

McGhee also said he needs to improve his attitude but i can tell you that CKR has said nothing to McGhee and just wants to get his head down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Father Jack said:
McGhee also said he needs to improve his attitude but i can tell you that CKR has said nothing to McGhee and just wants to get his head down.

I have had two conversations with CKR and he appears a very well mannered, likeable person.

Speaks very measured and sensible so I cannot see where there is an attitude problem.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
I have had two conversations with CKR and he appears a very well mannered, likeable person.

Speaks very measured and sensible so I cannot see where there is an attitude problem.

Attitude problem is not neccessarily with McGhee....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Attitude problem is not neccessarily with McGhee....

I suppose not it could be a problem with other players

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Beach Hut said:

Er sorry two conversations does not make you an expert on the guys attitude.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
king Wombat said:
Er sorry two conversations does not make you an expert on the guys attitude.

No it doesn't, just saying when talking to him he seems OK.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
CKR has great ability to become a quality striker for us, I don't think we should get on his back because he is still learning. It was always going to be difficult to step up into the league from League 2, but I think he has done superbly.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
isn't it funny how those who slag CKR off are not posting on this little thread of mine! Instead they prefer to make sly little comments in the middle of other threads!:p :p :p

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
gerbil said:
He's lazy.

He's not a lazy player at all but i do admit he needs to learn that the ball wont always arrive at his feet - especially at the current moment in time!

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
having gone to the game yesterday was I the only one to think ckr was lazy???? virgo always defended from the front but ckr showed know desire or passion and even in my view ran away from the ball when there were options for him to run into the channels

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
CKR is a real star for the future. And while on the subject, there's a guy who sits just in front of me (row D, block E) who slags him off EVERY game, even before he's had the chance to do anything. God how I hate so-called fans like him. Plus, he's got a young son (around 12-ish) who is sadly learning from his father.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
PrestGull said:
having gone to the game yesterday was I the only one to think ckr was lazy???? virgo always defended from the front but ckr showed know desire or passion and even in my view ran away from the ball when there were options for him to run into the channels

A strikers job is too get into the box and meet those crosses not to go into the channel and make them. CKR did exactly that 11 minutes in yesterday

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here