Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ckr

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Set up the Sheff United goal yesterday, pretty sure he did the same in their last game too. Seems to have found his feet in the Premiership and is fulfilling his potential and proving plenty of us wrong. Real shame he couldn't do it here :(

Certainly worth considerably more than 150k now too.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kazim-Richards escaped Naysmith on the right flank, and Hulse stole in front of the hestitant Joseph Yobo to score at the near post.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Set up the Sheff United goal yesterday, pretty sure he did the same in their last game too. Seems to have found his feet in the Premiership and is fulfilling his potential and proving plenty of us wrong. Real shame he couldn't do it here :(

Certainly worth considerably more than 150k now too.

Just what i was thinking as I was watching Match of the Day ... plus how the hell could McGhee have been so blind that he could not see the lad's potential ... plus

AND THIS IS WHAT PISSES ME OFF ...

if McGhee had played him regularly last season up front with someone loke Harty we would probably still be in the Championship!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Ckr

goldstone said:

if McGhee had played him regularly last season up front with someone loke Harty we would probably still be in the Championship!

Not sure, he definitely had an attitude which may have had something to do with MM and some of the players...allegedly. On the other hand he may just have matured a bit away from the little poisoned dwarf's influence? Who knows the truth will out one day but it was definitely our loss, thinking about it in retrospect.

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He probably had an attitude problem because he came to Brighton to play football and McGhee wasn't playing him.

Sure he had a tendency to laziness, but a decent manager would have been able to sort that out ... obviously his present manager has!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
LOL... here we go again...!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He has made a decent impact in the Premiership, but I feel we never saw the best of him and that was not simply down to McGhee. Did we ever see grit and determination, the sort of passion that is shown by present players and players in the past? I can't remember seeing him run himself into the ground and willing to die for his team mates. I spoke to him once and he seemed like a genial chap, but it was fairly clear that he always had one eye on the premiership and very keen to get there without having to put the work in.

How many teams came in for him? McGhee persuaded Warnock to take a gamble on him. Well done to him if it works out, just a shame he didn't win himself a place in the Premiership, through his performances.

D

Deleted member 2719

He always had the Quality IMO it just he had to play under a manager he had no respect for so i can understand why he didn't put the effort in - after all if you had a prick as a boss and you new you could get a boss that you would get on with you would go - it's just a shame MM didn't get booted out 6months earlier.

Good luck to him and all those that slag him off perhaps may now look back and think why did we stick by the manager it has cost us dear.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
He always had the Quality IMO it just he had to play under a manager he had no respect for so i can understand why he didn't put the effort in - after all if you had a prick as a boss and you new you could get a boss that you would get on with you would go - it's just a shame MM didn't get booted out 6months earlier.

Good luck to him and all those that slag him off perhaps may now look back and think why did we stick by the manager it has cost us dear.

Too simplistic imo and putting all the blame on MM is a cop out.

Re: Re: Ckr

goldstone said:
Just what i was thinking as I was watching Match of the Day ... plus how the hell could McGhee have been so blind that he could not see the lad's potential ... plus

GET A LIFE!

.... you have to say good things about crap managers and bad things about good players he couldn't handle

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
To you, putting ANY blame on MM is a cop-out - but he was the man who made the biggest cop-out comment ever handed to paying customers of The Albion.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Stop stalking me :ohmy: :p

Barrel of Fun said:
He has made a decent impact in the Premiership, but I feel we never saw the best of him and that was not simply down to McGhee. Did we ever see grit and determination, the sort of passion that is shown by present players and players in the past? I can't remember seeing him run himself into the ground and willing to die for his team mates. I spoke to him once and he seemed like a genial chap, but it was fairly clear that he always had one eye on the premiership and very keen to get there without having to put the work in.

How many teams came in for him? McGhee persuaded Warnock to take a gamble on him. Well done to him if it works out, just a shame he didn't win himself a place in the Premiership, through his performances.

Quite, and a good observation BoF - and there-in lies some intrinsic fact.

IF a club that's happy languishing in the lower division acquires a player with vision and talent, and one who can think in a Premiership-quality-kind-of-way, that player is going to see very clearly when they are put into a situation that has little future.
Some lads might feel comfortable playing in formations that have no future and will not lead to any fulfilled ambition.
Zamora worked great for us - a quality player who was able to fit into the 2nd Division level because Mickey Adams opened games up to include his skills - and he could capitolise. The manager and player worked together well and it paid out in spades.
Now imagine Zamora forced to play to a manager's will, where-in he cannot excel, struggles to get the service that will enable him to score goals - and young Zamora is told "it's my way or the highway, or you play in the reserves and LIKE IT". I put it to you that Zamora would be uncomfortable, not want to stick around, and probably rebel so he can move out asap.

Yes, these Mcghee lovers want to say that he got us promoted and won some games, and it's the fault of these bad-boy players Knight Jarrett CKR that they couldn't get on with it.
Maybe they're outstanding architects who like to be excellent tea-boys or stay in the mail-room and be model professionals while their best years (in the case of sport - in a short profession) whipped by. Maybe they're brilliant bricklayers who would be happy to be fantastic hod-carriers for a small company going nowhere?

It's difficult to get the point across to some people who just think "these were BAD servants" - but they would be DEAD RIGHT if you want to harness proper talent to a club with no more ambition than to survive in the lower divisions. Nope, let THEM go;- WE DON'T WANT BRILLIANT TALENT PLAYING FOR A CLUB THAT IS JUST INTENT ON BASIC SURVIVAL. It won't work for either party, and it has been proven thankyouverymuch.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah seems to be doing ok with them. Problem was he was f***ing gash at the best of times for us....so got rightly dropped ......then had attitude........

the way it goes

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Del Boy said:
It is all Jam The Man's fault :angry:

It IS!... I'm off to the corner to hang my head in shame... :down:

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is not about being a 'Magoo Lover', but giving him the respect he deserves.

He has been able to manage gifted players in the past. Didn't Robbie Keane give him a signed shirt to thank him, when he left Wolves? It is all very well having ideas above your station, but you would expect someone to work their arse off to make the move happen. It didn't seem to be a problem for a lot of them. I am not trying to shift the blame from McGhee entirely, but it was crystal clear that we never saw the sort of commitment from CKR that you should expect.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Del Boy said:
Your a bad fan, I hope you didn't get Westham tickets! :lolol:

Hangs head FURTHER in shame.. yes... yes I DID get West Ham tickets.. and what's more..........

...I'm Aaron, and I'm a Season Ticket holder

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here