Jul 5, 2003
at home
bite their hands off

£250k he is yours

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
how do you work that out?

he cost 250k....he failed to make an impact on the Championship, scoring a few goals.....

I cant say he has improved under our tremendous first team coaching regime, so therefore one could argue that 250k is about right

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
chinny reck - on

Unless we will spend the money we get on a replacement there is no point in selling. He could get us 10 + goals possibly but without him we dont even have that

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dies Irae said:
how do you work that out?

he cost 250k....he failed to make an impact on the Championship, scoring a few goals.....

I cant say he has improved under our tremendous first team coaching regime, so therefore one could argue that 250k is about right

Whats the point of selling him for what we bought him for? He was the top scored of a team who was rock bottom and is only 19. He is worth more than 250K

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
10+ goals

f***ing hell

I better get out the chill pills as we are all going to be in delirium.

I am sorry, although I am chilled and calm, I am feeling somewhat negative this morning. I will go away and come back at lunchtime after I have eaten...I will hopefully feel more positive in my outlook

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Can we sell him on for a profit ?

In an ideal world £500K would be a nice bit of business, but £250K providing it is ALL spent on the playing budget should be able to get us something a little bit more that a 10 goal a season average youth player with an attitude problem

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dies Irae said:
10+ goals

f***ing hell

I better get out the chill pills as we are all going to be in delirium.

I am sorry, although I am chilled and calm, I am feeling somewhat negative this morning. I will go away and come back at lunchtime after I have eaten...I will hopefully feel more positive in my outlook

£50 to charity says if he plays a season for us he will (can bounce this)

he got 6 playing a lot from the bench at a higher level. So 10 + should be well possible. Why not ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dougal said:
£50 to charity says if he plays a season for us he will (can bounce this)

he got 6 playing a lot from the bench at a higher level. So 10 + should be well possible. Why not ?

Well he does not get into enough goal scoring positions would be the first issue. Areas of his game such as heading have not improved and I am not sure he seems himself as the out and out goal scorer.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not worth selling for what he bought him for.

Make a profit or keep him...not someone we need to cut our losses and get shot of

Last season he was our leading scorer in what was a poor side struggling for goals, and which was also he first full season, and at a level higher than he had ever played at.

Has bags of poteinal and the fact that a club like Wolves would be interested shows that, minimum 500k

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Not worth selling for what he bought him for.

Make a profit or keep him...not someone we need to cut our losses and get shot of

Last season he was our leading scorer in what was a poor side struggling for goals, and which was also he first full season, and at a level higher than he had ever played at.

Has bags of poteinal and the fact that a club like Wolves would be interested shows that, minimum 500k

But we only paid about 70k for him. The rest of the money was tied into his wages and any potential add on's we might have to pay to Bury. But as these seemed to be things like getting into the Premiership and winning the Champions League I would say that we are pretty safe for at least 2 years on one of them and 3 years on the other.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
But we only paid about 70k for him. The rest of the money was tied into his wages and any potential add on's we might have to pay to Bury. But as these seemed to be things like getting into the Premiership and winning the Champions League I would say that we are pretty safe for at least 2 years on one of them and 3 years on the other.

Still doesn't justify selling him for 250k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here