Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City v QPR

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Yeah cos little old Man Utd only spent £53m on 3 players over the summer. Peanuts...!!

City all day for me, I know too many Utd fans who will give it the large again, and the thought of seeing that smug look of Salex is too much to bear. Boloton relegated because of Gartside's comments, he is a twunt.

but they did sell ronaldo for £80 million, so hardly the same as city is it?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
City to stop the Scum winning the title , although don't want QPR as an awayday next season... it's a toughie.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
but they did sell ronaldo for £80 million, so hardly the same as city is it?

That was 2 seasons ago in the 09/10 season. The transfer fees for the players who played the last game are not exactly bargain basement:

Rio: 27.5m
Rooney: 27m
Carrick: 18m
Nani: 13.5m
Berbatov: 30.75m
Valencia: 16m
Smalling: 10m
Jones: 17m
De Gea: 18m
Young: 18m

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Someone has to break the Manure monopoly, otherwise the PL is pointless. Really could not care less who.

Not a favourite ground of mine (Loftus Road) seating is very cramped.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The argument about not wanting City to win in place of United due to the money spent is a joke as I always tell my manure friend, as Manures current team they bought for about £200m and the wages will not be much off that of Citehs.

I want Citeh to win but it will also be funny to see the bookies suffer that paid out on Manure all those weeks ago

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yeah cos little old Man Utd only spent £53m on 3 players over the summer. Peanuts...!!

City all day for me, I know too many Utd fans who will give it the large again, and the thought of seeing that smug look of Salex is too much to bear. Boloton relegated because of Gartside's comments, he is a twunt.

Man United are a massive worldwide name who can spend money on new players because they CAN afford too! Man City and Chelsea bring in billionaires to blow every other club out the water. You like this? You think this is good for football? Do me a favour...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The champions league has established a sort of 'pulled up drawbridge' effect. When you get to the top you get to the champions league, giving you the money and prestige to stay at the top. Poor teams can't compete because they can't draw or pay top players because they don't have the cash. They don't have the cash because they're not in the champions league. They're not in the champions league because they don't have the top players. They don't have the top players because they don't have the cash... It's why Scottish football has been a two horse race, and why so many smaller european leagues are one team leagues. That is not healthy for the league.

The only way this monopoly (or whatever is the word for four part monopoly) is broken is through a club falling apart, or some rich man coming in to help them pull the bridge down and get in. It's why Chelsea moved into the top four. It's why man city have broken in. It helps prevent a stagnant top four year after year, for me, that's a good thing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
City to win.

Chelsea and ManU in essence outspent (squad cost and wages), the opposition, to win silverware.
So seeing they set that as the 'magic' formula, it will be good to see another name on it & beat them both at their own spending game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Man United are a massive worldwide name who can spend money on new players because they CAN afford too! Man City and Chelsea bring in billionaires to blow every other club out the water. You like this? You think this is good for football? Do me a favour...

The same team winning the top division every season and buying the best players. You like this? You think this is good for football? Do me a favour...

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
That was 2 seasons ago in the 09/10 season. The transfer fees for the players who played the last game are not exactly bargain basement:

Rio: 27.5m
Rooney: 27m
Carrick: 18m
Nani: 13.5m
Berbatov: 30.75m
Valencia: 16m
Smalling: 10m
Jones: 17m
De Gea: 18m
Young: 18m

You could take the £80 million off that price and that's not really an excessive amount is it? Players such as Rooney and Ferdinand were what I would call investments. Yes it's a lot of money but they were young players and considering they will probably be there for 10 years that's hardly a waste of money? You could say the same about Jones and De Gea and probably Smalling. Man City throwing £25 million at arsenal for adebayor and Toure is ridicoulas. Paying stupid money for players such as dzeko, Aguero and yaya plus others like nasri an no doubt one or two others all in one go is buying the league, however good they are. Seeing as you added up the players transfer fees for United, why not do the same for city?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
the actual prices for the starting line up's the other day is

Man U £147 million

Man C £202 (and that putting Tevez at £30mill not the £47 million quoted on some sites)

Including subs used

Man U 225 million (-80 million = £145 mill)

Man City 247 million (+ Adebayor and Toure = £272 mill)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't want Man City to win the league but at the same time I want QPR to go down. Dilemma
Simples! City to beat QPR 1-0, Bolton to win at Stoke...........

...and ManU to score about fifteen!

Wouldn't it be great if the three prem. clubs to ditch their manager were the three that went down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here