Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City of Manchester Stadium

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Looks pretty impressive to me.

Arse have just scored an OG that so convinced Sky it must have been a top striker that for one very brief moment the little thing in the top left corner of the screen read M City 0 Asnl 1.

Still 1-0 to city is what it reads now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks magnificent and a classic OG as well !

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
1-1 now! lovely ground. love to go there. fa cup 3rd round anyone?

btw, howd man utd do?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Scotty M said:
1-1 now! lovely ground. love to go there. fa cup 3rd round anyone?

btw, howd man utd do?

Saints 1 Man utd 0 Beattie

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

:lolol: :clap: :lolol: :clap2:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I'm fortunate enough to have already been there this season - as I went up with my Dad and brothers (all lifelong City fans who moved down here from Manchester just before I was born) for the Pompey game. The stadium is even more impressive when witnessed first-hand. It's almost like a complete bowl with absolutely no fences anywhere that I could see, so you could theoretically walk around an entire lap. The away fans are segregated with the Withdean standard netting stretched across 3 or 4 seats.

If ya get the chance to go there, do it. We went in hospitality which can be purchased quite easily, giving you a full 3-course meal and complimentary match programme and free parking at the ground. Today's match with Arsenal was priced at just £50 for the full hospitality. Villa is £75 next week.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
super nova said:
i know i will be in the minority, but i think it should have stayed as an athletics venue, as we do not have any world class facilities, and you have to go to crystal palace.

what about that new place they're gonna build in hackney? the old greyhound stadium. just hope it aint another wembley cock-up!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
super nova said:
i know i will be in the minority, but i think it should have stayed as an athletics venue, as we do not have any world class facilities, and you have to go to crystal palace.

I agree. In fact, with a bit more foresight by the BOC and Manchester Council, it could have been the new national stadium instead of just giving it to City for not very much.

I have been there, though, for an athletics grand prix just before the Commonwealth games, and it's fantastic.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the blue camp l-b ? hmmmmmm no mickey taking there ! (SCSM)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I agree. In fact, with a bit more foresight by the BOC and Manchester Council, it could have been the new national stadium instead of just giving it to City for not very much.

I have been there, though, for an athletics grand prix just before the Commonwealth games, and it's fantastic.

We'd never get the Olympic games if the national/olympic stadium was in Manchester.

If the track had remained the capacity would have only been around 35K and the stadium would not have been big enough for Man City's aspirations. This would have meant it being used only once or twice a year for grand prix or golden league events (which probably wouldn't have filled it).

As it is Man City have to pay the council a percentage of the gate receipts they get over the capacity of Maine Road. This will help in repaying the cost of building the stadium and staging the games.

I sailed past it earlier in the year on my barge. Very impressive.

mancity.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here