Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cisse and Coloccini now out for Newcastle

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its the cup, the under dog always comes good and joins the party, so with that in mind, I think Newcastle can win this

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
these players would easily make our team. no way we are favourites. we dont even have our best player and match winner from last season! brighton 1-2 newcastle.

Personally, I think Mike Williamson is the worst CB in the Prem. He is a liability, poor positional sense and suffers the famous case of Tits Bramble syndrome - losing concentration at crucial moments.

Anita is only just beginning to find form after a poor start, the same as Marveaux. Shola is a fantastic target man, but his fitness levels are dropping, coinciding with his age - expect to see Nile Ranger (the forgotten man) play a part.

Also, I think Sammy and Gael are two of the most promising prospects at the club, especially Gael who has already played 19 times this season even though he is only 18.

Lastly, I would have said Perch and Obertan would get in our team. Perch can play almost everywhere and has became a fans favorite at SJP due to his exceptional performances at the end of last season; and Obertan is very underrated due to his time at United, he always gives his all and is very effective when trying to hang onto a game.

P.S: Their un-official website is claiming that Bigirimana is a doubt. That could mean Medhi Abeid plays, who we have been linked with; or Perch moves to CM with Remie Streete playing CB.

D

Deleted member 18477

The two Ameobis would not "easily" make our team. Big Sho was one of the worst players at the Amex last season, and Sami's not proven at all. Barely scored a goal, has he?

true! big sho is the man on his day. his day however comes about once every season :lolol: and usually against sunderland...

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Good summing up - Ive a foot in both camps. Williamson is utterly shyte. Santon is not terribly good. Nile Ranger was coming through as one of two young strikers from the reserves in 2008 .... the other one was Andy Carroll. Carroll scored hatfuls, Ranger is yet to score a goal in the league I think. I was surpised to see he is even being considered. Cisse and Tiote are shadows of last season's players of the same name. (But will be missing anyway). Guttierez long ago stopped being an exciting jinky winger, now he just barrels forward and loses the ball. Shola scores about 5 goals a season, usually v Sunderland. In fact, there is nothing in the likely team tomorrow that would worry Brighton in the slightest....

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Good summing up - Ive a foot in both camps. Williamson is utterly shyte. Santon is not terribly good. Nile Ranger was coming through as one of two young strikers from the reserves in 2008 .... the other one was Andy Carroll. Carroll scored hatfuls, Ranger is yet to score a goal in the league I think. I was surpised to see he is even being considered. Cisse and Tiote are shadows of last season's players of the same name. (But will be missing anyway). Guttierez long ago stopped being an exciting jinky winger, now he just barrels forward and loses the ball. Shola scores about 5 goals a season, usually v Sunderland. In fact, there is nothing in the likely team tomorrow that would worry Brighton in the slightest....

Also have foot in geordie camp as it's who my dad supports; can't argue with anything you said there; Ranger has 2 in 52 and Ameobi 3 in 41

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
On the NUFC forum, they've said the full list of absentees is:

Ryan Taylor (injured)
Dan Gosling (injured)
Haris Vuckic (injured)
Yohan Cabaye (injured)
Steven Taylor (injured)
Hatem Ben Arfa (injured)
Jonas Gutierrez (injured)
Danny Simpson (injured)
Cheick Tiote (ACON)
Steve Harper (not selected)
Mathieu Debuchy (new signing unavailable)

And also... [tweet]287192601323507712[/tweet]

Wow.

Edit: And of course Demba Ba is likely to have been sold to Chelsea...

Last edited:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Latest from GP. Maksimenko development squad, not 1st team. Buckley fit and in the squad for tomorrow. No Bruno, Calde, Vicente, JFC. #bhafc

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
At least we will have a good option from the bench now. Reckon it will be

------------TK
Lopez--Greer--El Abd--Bridge
----------Bridcutt-----------
-Orlandi---Hammond---Barnes
----------------------Lua Lua
------------Hoskins---------

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Expect to see Newcastle , whatever team they field, get right in our faces from the off and I'm only hoping that our captain can cope with it and not keep passing off players to EA like he has in the last 2 home games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here