Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas shopping

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Having had retail stands and units for the last 5 xmas's i can tell that apart from the organised people like yorkie it is generally a mad rush of one week

they might start advertising it earlier every year but generally a high proportion leave it until the last few days (me included)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It is pretty sad when people do their shopping, have their food ordered and plan Christmas well in advance. It is not as if there is going to be a mass food shortage or a stampede to get supplies. One wonders how the people of this country would cope if there was a real urgency for supplies due to the danger of a natural disaster etc.

I am quite happy to enjoy September, October, November and December for what they are, without having to worry about Christmas. I normally do my shopping on Christmas Eve with a glowing feeling that I have not burst a blood vessel or was sad enough to start before then. It must be a very empty existence if you have to worry about Christmas more than a few days beforehand (obviously excluding ordering and pickng up the turkey).

I would love to leave my Christmas shopping until mid December, but with three children who all do weekend activities, a husband who trots off to the football every weekend and a baby who is attached to my hip I have no choice but to buy things as and when. Everything is purchased and wrapped up and hidden at my parents house already. The only spanner in my works will be if this baby arrives early and has no presents! Heh. I started in about June. All of our overseas parcels, America, Italy, Syria and Egypt have already gone surface mail.

Our turkey of course won't be killed until closer to Christmas but I have been pickling, jarring and creating all the extras food that is buried in a freezer, jic the baby arrives and Paddy dishes up nuggets and chips on Christmas Day.

Haven't seen any lights though and our tree etc. won't go up until mid December. We have tried to grow our own this year, we planted four but none of them have thrived so I guess we'll have to go chop one down from Santa's Garden.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Just reading this thread you can see that most men, not all, hate shopping and leave til the last minute where as all the women are organised and have at least started some and wrapped a bit (I know I have!) but there is nothing new there! Mr B, who isnt keen on shopping either (unless it involves M&S food hall) actually bought a Xmas item the other day without any prompting whatsoever..........he got our dog a 'doggy' advent calendar. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here