Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

christmas dvd recommendations for kids please!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
good people, my (almost) 2 year old is on a strict ration of 20 minutes tv a day (the tweenies and scooby doo are his favourites) and i'm looking for a stocking filler or two to broaden his viewing experience.

he's a big fan of the muppets on cd and has broad musical tastes ranging from nanci griffith through to telephone.

any suggestions please?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Amityville horror. (the new one of course)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Invest in the Futures Market - get him a shirt from SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, Brighton, and wait for him to grow into it.

Sporting Colours - Ahead of its Time.

What? It sat up waiting to be volleyed into the top corner so I obliged, OK?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The Large One said:
Invest in the Futures Market - get him a shirt from SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, Brighton, and wait for him to grow into it.

Sporting Colours - Ahead of its Time.

What? It sat up waiting to be volleyed into the top corner so I obliged, OK?

of course he'll be getting one of your shirts. what sizes do they start in?

and returning to the matter under consideration i've found the "muppets and john denver christmas special" now that's got to be a winner:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The Little Red Tractor is a huge hit for my 1 and 3/4 year old nephew.... Arthurs enjoying about 25 minutes of Koala Brothers a day... (He's 14 months tomorrow!)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Sound Of Music.. seriously! My 3 year old is hooked..

The Grinch - Jim Carrey
Cat In The Hat - Mike Myers

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Would anyone here recommend ET? Or - what about that miserablist 1970s depression-era classic They Shoot Horses Don't They?

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Man of Harveys said:
Would anyone here recommend ET?

Aparently I ran out of the cinema in absolute terror screaming when I was about 8 I've been told :blush: It was the flower coming back to life scene...

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Yes to Lazy Town and Dora. But no to the Tweenies, there is something very wrong about that programme. Peppa Pig is the current favourite, pretty good, give it a go.

Good idea about the Sound of Music. My 3 year old girl is obsessed (as only a 3 year old girl can be) with the Wizard of Oz. And I find we can watch it repeatedly very happily together: her enjoying the thrill of a magical tale and me reminiscing about what it was like to do large quantities of good quality narcotics.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
They are sort of large foamy punks running around with an old man and his dog. Gives me the creeps to be honest. And of all the infectious kids TV theme songs, the Tweenies burrows into your brain with ghastly ease. You've seen the show, think of the theme song then try and get on with some work. Impossible.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Professor P said:
They are sort of large foamy punks running around with an old man and his dog. Gives me the creeps to be honest. And of all the infectious kids TV theme songs, the Tweenies burrows into your brain with ghastly ease. You've seen the show, think of the theme song then try and get on with some work. Impossible.

i've wondered about that old fella i must admit. what is he doing hanging around with those toddlers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here