Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas and the Baby Jesus - Where's it Gone?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Er you kind of forgot the biggest mass murderer king Louis the twelth of France and the estimated 250 million he organised the deaths of in the crusades.

King Louis XII reigned from 1498 - 1515

The 9th and last Crusade was 1271 - 1272

Did Louis have a time machine?

You are misguided, Jesus did really exist; if he was the son of God however is another dispute.

Source please? And hovind, answers in genesis and the bible are not acceptable as sources. The first secular mention of someone called jesus was by the roman historian Tacitus who was born around what we now refer to as ad 56. Before him there are absolutely no historical verifiable sources for the existance of anyone called jesus at all and Tacitus refers to a 'group or people who follow the one they call jesus'. There are absolutely no secular references to this person AT ALL. Ergo there is no independent non-xian proof of his existance.

Tacitus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you wish to believe then do so, but don't try to pretend there is any factual proof for your belief.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Trouble is, atheists dismiss them as crazy because it shakes their claim that there is no spiritual dimension to life. Reminds me of a kid standing with his fingers in his ears saying loudly "I'm not listening, I'm not listening..." while his brother tries to argue with him.

Errr, isn't that what most Christians do as developments of science counter argue the plausability in the existence of a God?

I was with a guy as he was dying a few weeks ago. Fairly young guy, only 60, had only been in church a couple of times in the last few years. But if he were still here he would tell you what he told his family - he had a very real experience of God about 18 hours before he died. You can come back and say he was making it up, but then why would he? What did he stand to gain? One thing was clear, he certainly believed it. There are plenty of others that will tell you the same. Trouble is, atheists dismiss them as crazy because it shakes their claim that there is no spiritual dimension to life. Reminds me of a kid standing with his fingers in his ears saying loudly "I'm not listening, I'm not listening..." while his brother tries to argue with him.

No, what that was was probably a dying man desperately reaching out for something which he felt would make his life worth while so he turned to what most weak willed people turn to in times of crisis. Religion.

The fact that someone who is dying claims to have had a 'religious; experience makes no difference to whether god in fact exists.

There is more empirical evidence for the flying spaghetti monster than there is for the xian blood cult god.

And I have never met an atheist who says there is no spiritual dimension to life. Why is it that you religiously deluded (imo) people seem to believe that spirituality evaluates to deity? Just because your limited understanding cannot see the existance of one without the other does not mean that they are synonymous.

No, what that was was probably a dying man desperately reaching out for something which he felt would make his life worth while so he turned to what most weak willed people turn to in times of crisis. Religion.

The fact that someone who is dying claims to have had a 'religious; experience makes no difference to whether god in fact exists.

There is more empirical evidence for the flying spaghetti monster than there is for the xian blood cult god.

And I have never met an atheist who says there is no spiritual dimension to life. Why is it that you religiously deluded (imo) people seem to believe that spirituality evaluates to deity? Just because your limited understanding cannot see the existance of one without the other does not mean that they are synonymous.

?

We haven't met but the answer is NO!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

as I said before, for someone who is so content and happy with their lot, you really are a miserable, nasty old sod (imo).....

as I said before, for someone who is so content and happy with their lot, you really are a miserable, nasty old sod (imo).....

As you said before you. Correct. You, like most xians, leap to an incorrect conclusions.

Delusion tends to run strong in religious types.

And you bitterness towards those who disbelieve in your imaginary friend doesn't change the fact there is not a shred of evidence for either your blood cult god or his 'son'.

Dandyman

In London village.

Nice use of reasoned logic rather than personal abuse, there. I've always said us atheists need to look to you tree worshippers for moral guidance.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Nice use of reasoned logic rather than personal abuse, there. I've always said us atheists need to look to you tree worshippers for moral guidance.

personal abuse.....I think the use of such words as 'deluded', 'tree worshiper'and 'limited understanding' are pretty abusive to people that have a faith dont you?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
As you said before you. Correct. You, like most xians, leap to an incorrect conclusions.

Delusion tends to run strong in religious types.

And you bitterness towards those who disbelieve in your imaginary friend doesn't change the fact there is not a shred of evidence for either your blood cult god or his 'son'.

Believe me, I am not bitter towards you at all, I was just pointing out, that for somebody who is so chilled with their belief that there is no God, you spend a lot of time being a touch miserable about the whole thing. I as a 'deluded worshiper of the Xian blood cult God' seem not to be anywhere near as angry with life as you. Maybe you should reconsider?

Dandyman

In London village.
personal abuse.....I think the use of such words as 'deluded', 'tree worshiper'and 'limited understanding' are pretty abusive to people that have a faith dont you?

Bless.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
OK, a few things to chuck into the pot ...

1 Genesis isn't a scientific document - it's a word picture of creation more concerned with who was behind it than how it was done. There is no basic conflict between science and religion - a significant number of pioneering scientists through history have been convinced Christians, and there are many among today's scientific community.

2 What are you looking for as 'evidence'? You can't prove scientifically that love exists, but only a fool would deny it. You can't bottle it or measure it in a test tube, but we all recognise it as being real because it is expressed through people. Countless Christians can point to changed lives that show the reality of their faith in all sorts of ways.

3 A good place to start investigating what Christians claim is home page |:| rejesus.co.uk - it's more of an introduction in some places than an in-depth examination, but it may prove useful to some.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here