Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure Gus has 1 or 2 other strikers coming in.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why not???...They have had bid accepted, that means nothing. Although I must admit I would be surprised if he came back here atm. If he does it will be all about the wonger.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
West Brom may have accepted bids for Wood but where he ends up is the choice of the player (and his agent)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If we are serious about acquiring his services I don't think the fee will be a stumbling block. It could be related to his previous time here, was he disappointed not to be asked back last season? He seems to be enjoying life at Millwall so maybe he will be quite happy to do a couple of years there before going to a Premiership club if he continues his good progression.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why not???...They have had bid accepted, that means nothing. Although I must admit I would be surprised if he came back here atm. If he does it will be all about the wonger.

Because, if they've both had bids accepted, I can't see Wood choosing us over either Millwall or Leicester. He says he's really happy at Millwall, and Leicester will be able to offer him the most money, so I can't see any reason why he'd come here.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we are serious about acquiring his services I don't think the fee will be a stumbling block. It could be related to his previous time here, was he disappointed not to be asked back last season? He seems to be enjoying life at Millwall so maybe he will be quite happy to do a couple of years there before going to a Premiership club if he continues his good progression.

Point well made. Although wages would be a major factor. People should be in no doubt, if he ends up here, it's because we offered the best personal terms, nothing else.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Because, if they've both had bids accepted, I can't see Wood choosing us over either Millwall or Leicester. He says he's really happy at Millwall, and Leicester will be able to offer him the most money, so I can't see any reason why he'd come here.

I wouldn't be so sure of that if I was you. Leicester put a lot of eggs in one basket last season and failed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The Power Of Gus ???

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I wouldn't be so sure of that if I was you. Leicester put a lot of eggs in one basket last season and failed.

They still have several players on wages which we could never afford so unless they are trying to seriously reduce their wage bill, I still don't think we could compete. Hope I'm wrong though as I think he'd be a class signing especially on a long contract.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
He could be one of those one season wonders .
He has done well for about 20 games for Millwall but who wanted him at the Albion 3 months ago.
He is the flavour of the moment but who says it is going to continue

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Suspect Gus didn't really fancy him after his time at the Albion.Many average games,some glimpses of ability,some glimpses of the Trolley.

Let one of the other clubs lash out their money on him.Save ours for David Offside-Villa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's no Drogba.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Gus managed to work his magic with CMS, despite clubs like Leicester and West Ham making bids, I'm sure he could work it again for Chris Wood if he wanted to.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Suspect Gus didn't really fancy him after his time at the Albion. Many average games,some glimpses of ability,some glimpses of the Trolley.

Let one of the other clubs lash out their money on him.Save ours for David Offside-Villa.

Exactly. More than happy for another club to splash the cash on him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leicester habitually bid for every striker going, and then loan them out a few months later when they fail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here