Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why has NSC decided that he is completely shit?

Alright, Barnes and Murray were better for us last season, but I thought Wood chipped in from time to time and is nothing like as crap as loads of people on here are making out. In fact, I'd say he was one our most effective strikers of the past 5 or 6 years if you had a look at some of the shite we played up front in that time.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Why has NSC decided that he is completely shit?

Alright, Barnes and Murray were better for us last season, but I thought Wood chipped in from time to time and is nothing like as crap as loads of people on here are making out. In fact, I'd say he was one our most effective strikers of the past 5 or 6 years if you had a look at some of the shite we played up front in that time.

I agree, good luck to Woody, scoring in Europe now!

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
this. completely. i thought he was quite good last year, he lacked a bit of composure sometimes but give him a break hes only 19! its not like he never scored for us either! yet everyone on here with their expert knowledge puts him down as crap. Hes obviously not too crap to be scoring in European competitions and playing in world cups is he?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I made a comment on another thread about Woods, which was kinda a joke, I dont think he was the worst player we ever had but he defently went of the boil and maybe I expected bit much of him after all as stated he still young, so in short not the worst but by no means near the best

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
You know how it is though, some people have to have a player to kick, and generally they are the same people who live in a a world of tabloid hyperbole, where a player is either the new Messi, or a carthorse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does he have a face like a horse?
No, that was the other striker NSC has since decided was complete shite despite regularly scoring in his 15 minute cameos which were quite understandably a source of frustration.

But at least there is a reason why he has to be treated as if he was a tosser - he had the temerity to say he didn't like Poyet. It seems his thanks for the good wishes from Brighton fans just weren't enough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I made a comment on another thread about Woods, which was kinda a joke, I dont think he was the worst player we ever had but he defently went of the boil and maybe I expected bit much of him after all as stated he still young, so in short not the worst but by no means near the best

What, this?:

peterward said:
I heard a rumour that Chris Wood is shit
That wasnt a rumour

Yep, rib-tickling stuff.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In all truth I would have him back - as he develops he has all the attributes to add the bit of height and weight we need. That said he will probably learn more of the art of "putting himself about a bit" with Birmingham than he would with us and clearly WBA are keen for him to learn and develop his game. I think we will see him in their first team in another year.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
he wasn't shite, but he went spectacularly off the boil from march onwards
Exactly this , to be honest and I've been saying this for a while now , we need someone abit like him upfront this season.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Because he had a dip in form towards the end of his loan spell and people have short memories. He was actually quite good for us, overall.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Most people on NSC are stupid and mean, that's why so many people say he was shit. 9 goals is a good effort and even if he did go off the boil, we were pretty much up already.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He was quite spectacularly shit in the last month or so he was here, and in the first month or so he was fairly poor too. So a lot of people made up their mind he was shit in the first place and people are remembering him being awful at the end of the season.

In the middle of those two periods he was alright, quite good even, but nothing spectacular enough to win over people who had already made their mind up or memorable enough for people reacting to the last games he played for us.

That's why.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was quite spectacularly shit in the last month or so he was here, and in the first month or so he was fairly poor too. So a lot of people made up their mind he was shit in the first place and people are remembering him being awful at the end of the season.

In the middle of those two periods he was alright, but nothing spectacular enough to win over people who have already made their mind up or memorable enough for people reacting to the last games he played for us.

That's why.
I wouldn't disagree with much of that.

Personally I'd argue that he wasn't "quite poor" in the first place, and to be honest we had nothing to play for in the last month although I think the main reason was that he came back from international duty in China looking like half the player. But to write him off as "shit" overall is MILES off the mark. He was nothing of the sort.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wouldn't disagree with much of that.

Personally I'd argue that he wasn't "quite poor" in the first place, and to be honest we had nothing to play for in the last month although I think the main reason was that he came back from international duty in China looking like half the player. But to write him off as "shit" overall is MILES off the mark. He was nothing of the sort.
I think the China explanation is a little too easy, and it was only the last four games of the season we didn't really have anything to play for and the team's performance dropped.But I don't think it really matters now, obviously he isn't totally shit because a totally shit player would never have played well for us, and you'd have to be pretty myopic to claim he NEVER played well.

But I think that we don't ever seem to have been interested in bringing him back this summer says something though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here