Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Christ on a bike, some very harsh assessments. Played a big part in our promotion, some classy finishes and got a good touch. I'd definitely take him for another year, be disappointed if he was the only other striker we signed but wouldn't cost the earth in wages and, for me, showed enough last year to suggest he'd be good enough, especially given his age.

I would be very disappointed to see him in the stripes again. IF we wanted a slow lump up front we should have kept Murray. I don't expect Gus to want that type of player this coming season. Big maybe, but I am thinking with a good first touch touch and real pace.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Christ on a bike, some very harsh assessments. Played a big part in our promotion, some classy finishes and got a good touch. I'd definitely take him for another year, be disappointed if he was the only other striker we signed but wouldn't cost the earth in wages and, for me, showed enough last year to suggest he'd be good enough, especially given his age.

Football is about opinions and you obviously see something in him, that I clearly don't.

I never said anything negative when he was wearing the stripes, I cheered him on, but I had to hold myself on a few occasions as my honest opinion was he is a slow and vastly over-rated waste of a place.

Some people knock Barnes, I see a lot of promise in Barnes and always 100% commitment.... Others see Promise in wood?, I see a slow, lazy lump who can't head the ball or keep possession and is technically shit.

Funny old game

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales

Classy finishes? - Never saw him score one. Couple of goalkeeping gaffs helped to increase his ratio along with a few pens.
Football is all about opinions. Its just most people's are not the same as yours.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I'm in two minds about him. He did well at League One level but he did miss a lot (okay so did Barnes). If he came back a loan would be the best option.

Please, never again.
Was increasing poor as the season progressed. Without Murray, he couldn't hold the ball up against average League One central defenders, shocking first touch, and pass completion ration awful. Too heavy and immobile.

Championship defenders would have him in their pockets.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was a solid L1 striker and may one day develop into a borderline Champ standard one but he's not that now and we need at least that good already. It's not our job to turn him into that unless we signed him on a free. Did a job last season, thanks for that, but hopefully we're too good for him now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
19 he maybe, but we need two Championship-level strikers NOW... neither of those ARE Wood... too slow, can't hold ball up, can't head, erratic finishing, and thinks he is good enough for the Prem! NO THANK YOU... he's West Brom's problem,, let's leave it that way...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He is only 19 ffs. I repeat, he is only 19!

I have a 19 year old lad and he is really lovely, fabulous and fantastic, but not the finished article!

Give Wood a break please!

Some people on this board are far too up their arses!

FACT

TNBA

TTF

Yes, he may be only 19. That is very young. He MAY develop into a half decent player. Time will tell.

However, we are talking about a loan player. Why should we play him if he is not up to the standard we need now?

If he were part of OUR Development Squad, and was OUR "one for the future", all well and good.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Interested to see what people's opinions on Wood are now. I'm guessing most would have him in front of Paynter, but would you now want him back to play with CMS? (although obviously he's not available)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interested to see what people's opinions on Wood are now. I'm guessing most would have him in front of Paynter, but would you now want him back to play with CMS? (although obviously he's not available)

His loan at Birmingham is up tomorrow - don't think he has re-signed yet and no sign that WBA want him back despite their "injury crisis" so can't entirely rule out Gus moving for him given his track record of sticking with players he likes ...................................... Garvan at Palace also remains a potential target using the same logic.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He lacked pace and touch, but in fairness he can obviously finish. I'd rather have him than Paynter although i certainly don't think he is the answer!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
scored for Baggies' reserves at Chelsea on Monday night and available to go out on loan again having finished his spell at Birmingham......................................

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah f*** it lets get him back on loan. We all know he is quite good in the air. Better than Barnes and Paynter anyway.

D

Deleted member 18477

he cant head and isnt very good at holding the ball up tbh. but he can clearly finish with a higher goals tally than our strikers at present...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goals seemed to dry up in the second half of his spell at Birmingham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here