Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

D

Deleted member 18477

Hes shit! And just a big fat lump! He scored most of his goals for us from penalties and that's about the only problem we needed sorting last year. Wood wins nothing in the air and gives away the ball everytime he gets it. Misses countless chances a game. Not for me, Gus stay well clear!!! Learning or not the kids in dreamland if he thinks he's going to make premier league standard in his career. And No playing in the world cup for a nation who couldnt give 2 shits about football is not an achievement!

D

Deleted member 18477

Because he is young and still developing, Gus obviously saw something in him before and if he still does I think he should go for it. I wouldn't want us to spend money on him as a permenant deal though

we don't need a developing striker on loan. We have 2 of those already at the club! Hoskins and barnes! We need a goal machine. Wood is not that!

D

Deleted member 18477

At last , some one else who can see wood is an Ass

Well said! Kids awful! He's only got this far cos he's big! Now a professional, he's been found out big time!!!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Love to see him on loan.........................with another club!!!! Don't get the "he is still young brigade", IMO was very poor last season and can't see a vast improvement in the future.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Hes shit! And just a big fat lump! He scored most of his goals for us from penalties and that's about the only problem we needed sorting last year. Wood wins nothing in the air and gives away the ball everytime he gets it. Misses countless chances a game. Not for me, Gus stay well clear!!! Learning or not the kids in dreamland if he thinks he's going to make premier league standard in his career. And No playing in the world cup for a nation who couldnt give 2 shits about football is not an achievement!

Blunt but totaly accurate

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
At last , some one else who can see wood is an Ass

If you were at Notts County away, we may as well have played with 10 men....... he may be 19, but right now he's crap, we can do a lot lot better.

But if Gus signs him. I'll support him. I just hope he doesn't sign him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not good enough for the Championship, and HE thinks he is good enough for the Prem! Deluded hardly does it justice... he is just plain wrong... a BIG no thank you from me...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If you were at Notts County away, we may as well have played with 10 men....... he may be 19, but right now he's crap, we can do a lot lot better.

Exactly my sentiments, I wouldn't want to see him developing his game in the Championship at our expense and keeping a more effective player out of the side.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
his (and Barnes') strike ratio, goals to games is up there with Murray. Was he also still learning his game?

please get real folks - I've been fortunate enough to see Bobby Smith, Dean Saunders, Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora in the stripes but that's over 50 years. For the most part the Woods, Murrays and Barnes (and even Kit Napiers!) is where football is at.

I've seen all those players at the Albion too severnside and cannot agree with your high estimation of Wood or low estimation of Napier!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

This. And, if he was much of a sportsman he would be playing the NZ national game - Rugby. Clearly he was a bit of an odd-ball at school! lol

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reminds me a bit of Liam Dickinson (can't jump and doesn't use his size effectively). At Walsall he could have put us 1-nil up after 7 minutes when one on one with the goalie but put his shot wide of the post. Just before the end he wellied a shot over the bar so a minute later Benno showed him how to smash it into the net from 20 yards out with a peach of a goal. I can see West Brom loaning him out again but not to us , maybe a League 1 team where he will gain some confidence in front of goal.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Reminds me a bit of Liam Dickinson (can't jump and doesn't use his size effectively). At Walsall he could have put us 1-nil up after 7 minutes when one on one with the goalie but put his shot wide of the post. Just before the end he wellied a shot over the bar so a minute later Benno showed him how to smash it into the net from 20 yards out with a peach of a goal. I can see West Brom loaning him out again but not to us , maybe a League 1 team where he will gain some confidence in front of goal.

Don't you mean Div 2? It did not work with us in Div 1 and we were top! The guy obviously had some sort of guarantee he would get match time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't you mean Div 2? It did not work with us in Div 1 and we were top! The guy obviously had some sort of guarantee he would get match time.

He didn't stand out in a shit hot team but there are other League 1 clubs where he could do the business e.g. Orient.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But would he be able to gain confidence by playing in a struggling team? Surely you get more confidence by playing as part of a top team?

I mentioned Orient because they came close to being in the play offs and I wouldn't consider them a struggling team even though we tonked them 5-0 at Withdean.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I mentioned Orient because they came close to being in the play offs and I wouldn't consider them a struggling team even though we tonked them 5-0 at Withdean.

Forget Borient, answer the question about confidence. Surely it would be higher with the Champions than with a mid-table team? The guy is not good enough for League 1.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Christ on a bike, some very harsh assessments. Played a big part in our promotion, some classy finishes and got a good touch. I'd definitely take him for another year, be disappointed if he was the only other striker we signed but wouldn't cost the earth in wages and, for me, showed enough last year to suggest he'd be good enough, especially given his age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here