Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
By no means is he a great player but, he did his bit last night. He showed a couple of neat touches,not just from his chest, and a few times he worked himself into good positions but was left isolated cos Murray was knackered and Bennett was covering RB. Looked alright to me.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not as good as Barnes, plus if we want to give someone a chance and see what they can do why not Sandaza (our own player) rather than a lump from another team?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would rather play Barnes and Murray tbh. They have got us where we are and it took its time to create the partnership and now he doesn't start.

Agreed. Wood was better tonight but I've seen milk turn quicker than him. And he has no pace. Sorry but we've blatantly promised W Brom we'll play him regularly - send him back.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Strange, I thought he had a fairly good game last night, held the ball up well and of course Murray was and is the better player but I find it unbelievable people like TCB call him a waste of space ect, he is 19 years old for crying out loud. Deary me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He is shockingly slow paced and did not put the effort in last night. Though we did well I would of preferred him along with Sparrow and Bridcut to have been replaced at half time with Barnes, Kish and Tommy. I believe we would then have won it.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Do we want 'hardworking' strikers if we're going to win the league? I think with strikers you should use the FLAIR test.

Glenn Murray is FLAIR - yes
Ashley Barnes is FLAIR - not since his first couple of games for us
Chris Wood is FLAIR - nah
Fran Sandaza is FLAIR - possibly?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is shockingly slow paced and did not put the effort in last night. Though we did well I would of preferred him along with Sparrow and Bridcut to have been replaced at half time with Barnes, Kish and Tommy. I believe we would then have won it.

Thought that all 3 played well but Wood tired. I thought the substitution of Kish and Barnes were predictable but made at the right time. You are not suggesting Elphick should have come on are you if so for whom? If not which Tommy?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Worringly he lost a race with Docherty. He obviously needs games to get fit.

That was so frustrating. I would have backed anyone else on the pitch to win that, my point being illustrated when Murray embarrassed Doherty when running into the box in the second half. We are crying out for a nippy striker.

I actually thought Wood did well last night and worked hard, he certainly wasn't lazy. There was one particularly good moment when he ran half the length of the pitch chasing a ball on his own before laying it off to Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here