Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Did his bit tonight, held the ball up well and won lots in the air...has to be the best player I've seen at chesting the ball, especially one chest that he turned into the path of Murray.

Seemed to run out of gas by the end, but had a good game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He was really unlucky with that superb header early on.

unlucky? It was a great position but he headed straight at the keeper. If that had been Barnes people would have been slagging him off for missing a sitter. Did the hard work getting into the position but couldn't put it wide of the keeper. That aside - good game and one really good attack in the second half.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
unlucky? It was a great position but he headed straight at the keeper. If that had been Barnes people would have been slagging him off for missing a sitter. Did the hard work getting into the position but couldn't put it wide of the keeper. That aside - good game and one really good attack in the second half.

That was my thinking too.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I really do not know what he add's to the squad. I thought tonight he was lazy and Glen worked his nuts off doing all the work of chasing down there defence, which should have been shared.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Don't think he did that much wrong really.
One thing I did like, and have this season, is the lack of so many offsides!
Can't decide between Woods and Barnes... but hopefully come Jan it wont be much of a problem!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`ve been critical of Barnes this season in that he misses too often but this lad is not able to even get in those positions. He`s young and he`ll get better but not good enough for us so I just hope Gus has someone lined up for january.
I`d love to say the jury is out but its not is it ?

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Only seen him once but there is potential in the man cub! Has the same profile as fat Ronaldo, from a distance...in the fog.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
By and large, I'm generally in the 'he'll come good' camp with any player, no matter how patently shit, to the point where I piss myself off with the happy-clappy nonsense. Chris Wood however has managed to achieve the impossible and royally piss me off.

If you're going to be the size of a small republic then you really need to put yourself about. Neil Mellor is a massive oaf, but caused us no end of problems when we played Sheffield Weds. Woods has no pace, no discernable skill and really doesn't use his strength well. He did make a couple of ok chested lay-offs, but nothing I've seen of him suggests he's a decent League 1 forward let alone one on loan from the Premiership.

In summary, a fat, useless, sheep-worrying waste of a salary. Barnes has a way to go but is twice the player Woods is.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here