Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thought held it up well yesterday and would of kept him on. Seeing as Barnes foolishly gave away that free kick and didn't hold up as well I think Poyet made a boo boo with that yesterday

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Problem is if we want to stay top or at least in automatic promotion places, we need a striker who can hit the ground running. Currently I don't think any of our current strikers are good enough for a promotion chasing side, except Murray. Noone and BWP would be a good shout. We used to buy all of Stockport's players, why not Plymouth's?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If he was one of our players then I'd be all for giving him time to settle etc, but come Jan (is that when his loan runs out?) chances are he'll be back at WBA and we won't see him again. Therefore I don't see the benefit of playing him ahead of Barnes or Fran. Is Wood likely to sign full time?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he looked alright to me from what I saw on the 'net yesterday, as usual though NSC never gives time for players as they have to be BRILLIANT from the first minute or they're deemed to be shit!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
From what I've seen/heard he looked a real handful. Great movement off the ball and not bad in the air. Could be a real decent striker one day. The best young forward at the club by some distance.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not going to set the world on fire, but better than the likes of Gary Hart as an option.

I would worry slightly though that Poyet seems to have been chasing him for ages. Seems a fairly run of the mill signing to pursue for so long.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
He got into some good positions but on saturday he lacked pace off the mark, and often those 2 or 3 yards of advantage disappeared very quickly.

In comparison Murray looked lightning off the mark, and that is why that lump of a centre back could not stay with him.

Still, Wood has good physical presence, and we should show much more patience to let him come good.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Doesnt look like ever getting into goalscoring positions, whereas Barnes does. Fair enough he's not been putting anything away recently, but he will do again sooner or later. Wood is a similar player to Murray, but technically nowhere near Murrays ability IMO from what we've seen so far, and from what Barnsley fans we spoke to on the train back saturday.
Murray and Barnes for me.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't know when we stopped playing Murray and Barnes but it seemed to coincide with our drop in form, that and they're our top goalscorers. I'm not sure Wood offers us anything new to be honest.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know when we stopped playing Murray and Barnes but it seemed to coincide with our drop in form, that and they're our top goalscorers. I'm not sure Wood offers us anything new to be honest.

Other than FC united (home), Hartlepool was the last time they both started.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Class player. Yes, he missed a couple chances on Saturday, but his movement and hold up play I thought were excellent on both Saturday and against Southampton.

I think he is a really good prospect, like Barnes, if we are to sign him fulltime in January.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I was thinking that earlier, we haven't won with Wood playing yet, I think anyway, (not saying Wood is the sole reason for that whatsoever as it also ties in with Lua Lua's absence), but maybe it is time to go back to Murray and Barnes as a starting combo?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Class player. Yes, he missed a couple chances on Saturday, but his movement and hold up play I thought were excellent on both Saturday and against Southampton.

I think he is a really good prospect, like Barnes, if we are to sign him fulltime in January.

He is a great prospect, but if there is no chance of him signing in January (and I don't think this is being suggested as a possibility?) then I don't think we should be starting him over Barnes or Fran

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
He is a great prospect, but if there is no chance of him signing in January (and I don't think this is being suggested as a possibility?) then I don't think we should be starting him over Barnes or Fran

This is true, as it will only serve to knock the confidence of Ashley or Fran, and if brought straight back in January, they could think of themselves as a last resort or some other such type, and not play as well as they would, if say, they were first on the team sheet. Saying this, it might make them want to play better to force their way into the team...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here