Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Nope. You can hardly knock a man who's scored a brace today, but opinions do seem to differ considerably on this guy. I always trust Gus to make the right call, but I would have taken off Wood today rather than Murray who contributed far more with his all round game. Wood just seems very weak in the air for a guy of his size and totally failed to hold the ball up and relieve the pressure in the 2nd half.

Still, his stats are good, GP likes him, so fair enough.

Disagree and it was Murray that gifted Peterborough a sniff with his mistake to make it 3-1, not being critical of Murray as he has been playing really well, just thought the pair of them played really well together first half, but it was taking Noone off for me that changed the game and we lost our shape.

Wood is starting to settle in now and score the goals, as are the other strikers, so happy days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Marvellous scenes in the second half when two Peterboro players went in to tackle him at the same time and they both ended up sparko on the floor :lol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Wood looks like a good player but it's a typical loan system situation. We won't be able to sign him as he's young and could command a sizeable fee, yet we're giving him the chance to massively improve his game. Still, as long as he contributes something in the time he's here then it's good news for all concerned I suppose.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wood was excellent today, frankly it'll be a while before Barnes starts if he continues. I thought for a 19 year old his reading of the game and positional play was remarkable. Also, for a big man his ball control was on a par with Muzza's. Frankly West Brom will want him back.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
good game yesterday,but i thought last 20 he struggled,but hes a big lad,and has the potential to go on further with his developement

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
good game yesterday,but i thought last 20 he struggled,but hes a big lad,and has the potential to go on further with his developement

If he struggled if was merely because he wasn't getting the supply. With Muzza and the excellent Noone off the whole pattern of the game changed.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yes,the game changed when the subs started,but im talking about his fitness really,

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He's no longer useless - offical :lolol:

Fair play to him for proving me wrong. He has the timing of a striker and can only continue to get better. Long may it continue.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He's no longer useless - offical :lolol:

Fair play to him for proving me wrong. He has the timing of a striker and can only continue to get better. Long may it continue.

Well said. A couple of games ago someone was moaning that only we could get a player from the only conutry that doesnt play football.... Lets hope he keeps progressing, its great to see.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He was excellent today and seems to be getting better every game, I really rate him. I think because he is so big people forget how young he is aswell.

I think he is only going to get better as the season goes on and he plays more games. In fact, last month I thought we needed to sign a striker to go up but I dont now we've got Wood till the end of the season. I really hope we can sign him permanently in the summer.

Wood was and is a quality forward and he's getting better and better. Some of the stick people on here gave him was ridiculous considering how young he was when we had him. Would be absolutely delighted to re-sign him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wood was and is a quality forward and he's getting better and better. Some of the stick people on here gave him was ridiculous considering how young he was when we had him. Would be absolutely delighted to re-sign him.

Indeed. He showed he was a very useful player who was only going to get better. People were still banging on about players like Jake Robinson (at the same age) of coming good.

Short memories. He did very well floating in and out of the team, with a limited amount of experience. His form did nose dive after his trip to China, but who wouldn't feel a little jaded after that.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't think it matters how well he played generally, the fact he scored 2 goals is enough for me. We don't need anyone else contributing to our build up, we create enough chances as it, we need someone to stick the ball away and he has done that scoring 3 against us this season from very few chances. And he's still really young. The earlier comments on this thread from some are just laughable.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Unless we have something special in the works I can see no excuse for not at least trying to get him here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here